Monday, July 8, 2013

Why is only one speaker working on my laptop all of a sudden?

system speaker not working windows 7
 on Desktop Scanner and Digital Filing System for Windows at HSN.com
system speaker not working windows 7 image



Rob Myers


All of a sudden only my right speaker on my laptop is working....where do I find the settings (Windows 7) to see if it is muted or turned off?
@Angeleta: Thank you very much for your info. When I click 'test' in the configuration window, I hear a sound from the right speaker indicating it works, but not the left. Looks like I have a blown speaker I guess.



Answer
Hopes this help:)

You can invoke it in a couple of ways: First, Click on Start button from the taskbar and then Control Panel and then click on Audio Devices and Sound Themes. You can also invoke that window by right-clicking the Speaker icon in the system tray and clicking Audio Devices.

The Audio Devices window shows what Windows 7 knows about the sound cards and their various features. Because at this point you are not as interested in this window as in the sound cardâs Properties dialog box, click once on the Audio Output (playback) Device listed, and then click Properties. The dialog box will appears.

Here, you can tell Windows about your speakers and set other audio options. Click the Configuration tab. This tab shows your speaker configuration. Click the Speaker Configuration drop-down menu and select the number of speakers you currently have around you. You can then click Test to hear a sound from each speaker while you watch the diagram, to ensure that each speaker is properly placed.

The rest of the tabs contain other settings. The Tone tab offers bass and treble controls. The Other tab may have an option to enable digital input/output, if your audio device has such capability. The Levels tab allows you to adjust the gains for your audio deviceâs various output and input ports.

The Options tab is important because it allows you to select the sample rate and bit depth of your sound cardâs audio output. It defaults to 16/44,100, but if you have a 24-bit, 96,000Hz sound card such as a SoundBlaster Audigy or X-Fi, you need to set this option properly. Click the Default Format drop-down menu and select the highest sample rate and bit depth of which your sound card is capable. Then, click Test to be sure it works.

How do I switch the rear and side speakers of 7.1 system?




I


The nvidia hdmi audio driver switches my rear and side speakers. Physically reconnecting them does not solve the problem, since the sides have speaker wire and the rears 3.5mm jacket. I tried reinstalling the sound drivers and video card drivers, but it didn't work. This problem arose after I reinstalled Windows 7 Ultimate 64x (it ran on the same system before and that worked out fine).
There is no conflict, I uninstalled the drivers and used Drive Sweeper (in Safe mode). Without the nVidia HDMI audio driver, a HDMI connection is not detected by Windows



Answer
You did NOT give much info... Are you using the Nviidia audio driver? I've used both NVidia and ATI cards and both want to install audio drivers on my computer. Since I use a Creative X-Fi card, I always select the option to NOT install those audio drivers. You must do a custom/advance install when installing your graphics drivers so they won't get installed. But if they do, just go to Manage Audio Devices and right click the NVidia Audio Driver and select DELETE or DISABLE... assuming you don't use them. It sound to me like you have some kind of conflict going on...




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Why is only one speaker working on my laptop all of a sudden?
Rating: 98% based on 989 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment