Tuesday, July 9, 2013

I need a surround sound entertainment system?

wireless speaker system yamaha
 on Kindle Fire HD 8.9 4G LTE Wireless, Dolby Audio, Dual-Band Wi-Fi, 64 ...
wireless speaker system yamaha image



Andrew


I'm looking for a surround system that can be used with a computer and tv. At least one subwoofer, doesnt have to have a blue ray player, and at least 2 wireless speakers (although looking for something completely wireless. Any suggestions?


Answer
I don't recommend completely wireless systems. Convenient, yes, but you loose sound quality, so no more than 2 wireless (normally the rears). I also do not recommend buying sets with a built in player whether it be dvd or blueray. Players often mess up for one reason or another and you end up having to hook up a seperate new one eventually and lets hope you have the hookups available on back of the system to support this at all. Do you know much about receivers? They have a multitude of plugs in the back to support composite (red white yellow) component (red white yellow blue green), hdmi, etc. So you can hook up any sort of player to it you wish and change things around. You can go to places like best buy and either spend a chunk more by building your system (pick out the receiver, and what speakers you want) or you can just buy one of the already packaged sets I want to say for under 150 for sure. If you went the receiver route, yamaha is good quality for decent price. Keep in mind you get what you pay for so if you go really cheap, it may crap out on you much much sooner. Unfortunately the systems i'm talking about are fully wired. Ugh if i had to recommend a prepackaged surround sound sytem with rear wireless (inevitably they all have built in players at this range), i'd say go with samsung or sony. Pretty equal in quality.

How to make surround sound wireless?




KSUSCOTT


I have an older 2006 Yamaha Surround sound system and I am finally hooking it up to my new TV. Right now everything I have is controlled from my iPad remote app but I cant firgure out how to hook my surround system to it. Can you buy wireless adapters for it. If there is another remote or something I will buy it I just dont want to get a new system but this one is just fine.


Answer
No, you need to power the speakers, they do make rca to wireless transmitters (http://www.meritline.com/wireless-rca-video-audio-transmitter-receiver-2w---p-70241.aspx?source=fghdac) but that won't work unless your rear speakers have an integrated amp. You could buy a separate amp for the rears and then use some form of wireless transmitter but in the end it'd cost more than buying a new home theater system with wireless surround speakers.

Sorry, just being honest.

Try running speaker wire up through the ceiling or wall or run it along the wall the rears. Use paintable speaker wire and you could almost make the wires invisible: http://www.summitsource.com/product_info.php?ref=1&products_id=4765

Best of luck!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: I need a surround sound entertainment system?
Rating: 98% based on 989 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment