Wednesday, June 18, 2014

what home speaker system/subwoofer should i buy?




R-Dog


I previously bought the Logitech Speaker System Z623. it supplied with what I needed. However I am looking to go bigger now without spending a whole lot more money. The 200 watt subwoofer delivered a powerful bass that a really did enjoy. However I would like to go bigger and im not sure if i should stick to a complete set or go with a tower system and subwoofer combo. I am a complete noob and becoming more and more interested on what is good and what is not.

So what i am really asking for is suggestions on speakers/subwoofers that offer a heart thumping bass and quality speaker sound. and all of around or under $150 (not trying to break my bank yet).

a few that i have stumbled on are:
1. Yamaha NS-F210BL 2-Way Bass-Reflex Floorstanding Speaker
2. GOgroove BassPULSE Hi-Fidelity 2.1 Speaker Sound System with Subwoofer
3. Harman Kardon Soundsticks III 2.1 Channel Multimedia Speaker System with Subwoofer
4. Logitech Speaker System Z553 with 40 Watts RMS Power and 3 Device Inputs

im also looking for easy setup as well.



Answer
2-4 are glorified computer speakers. The Yamaha speaker requires an audio receiver to drive it.

And, $150 is far too cheap to get good sound, beyond basic computer speakers.

Does the Logitech Speaker System Z623 work on tv?




elijah


I wanna buy a good speaker system for my tv and I saw that this one is affordable (I have a budget of $150)
I wanted to know if it works for watching tv and if it sounds good.

Thanks



Answer
I'm afraid Greg is totally wrong.

Home theater gear is NOT compatible with computer gear.

That speaker set is designed to work with a computer sound card which has 3 "headphone" jacks to feed the 6 speakers. Your TV, Cable box, BluRay player - none of these will have compatible outputs.

The other problem - computer speakers are designed to surround 1 person at a desk with sound. They are NOT room-filing. But young-and-dumb kids often crank them up and try to use them for their living room or bedroom systems. They wind up burning the speakers out in a few months.

So my advice is you should save your money and watch your local Craigslist for some used gear.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: what home speaker system/subwoofer should i buy?
Rating: 98% based on 989 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment