Monday, June 16, 2014

How to hook up my surround sound Logitech Z906 Speakers to my TV?




Justin


I have the RCA cables and it didn't work! I really would like to do it I have an RCA tv even the model is L32H35D i think. My sound system is Logitech z906. Please help!
So I have a Optical cable for my laptop....I unplugged it and put it into my TV and it didn't work but I also have a USB adapter on my laptop connecting the output I really would like my TV to play through my sound system any ideas?



Answer
That is a nicer than normal speaker set.

It accepts optical so this is how you should hook into the speakers. Look on the back of your RCA television for a small black opening that says "Optical Output". Buy a Toslink Optical cable to run from this jack to the input on the Logitech system.

If the TV does not have an optical output, are you using a Cable or Sat box to feed TV signals to the TV? These almost always have an optical output.

Hope this helps.

Digital Coaxial vs. Digital Optical - Speaker System?




Corey


I plan on buying the THX Certified Logitech Z906 speaker system for my studio set-up, and I just had a quick question.

Both my computer, and the product have Digital Coaxial and Optical compatibility, and I was wondering which is best for video/audio production (provides highest quality). Both also have the traditional Analog system, but I suspect this is a less effective alternative.



Answer
On paper there shouldn't be too much between the sound, especially at the rate you're most likely using, it's a digital signal i.e. just 1's and 0's. Coaxial are more susceptible to ground loop (hum or buzz) but this is unlikely, Optical are more susceptible optical to jitter but again this is unlikely. Optical are more delicate and more likely to damage.

Personally I go for Coaxial every time and in the context of my system think it does sound better when I've used it. (AV amp and Squeezebox to DAC)




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How to hook up my surround sound Logitech Z906 Speakers to my TV?
Rating: 98% based on 989 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment