Thursday, June 19, 2014

2010 Jeep Wrangler Sound System?




Ryan M


I want to upgrade the speakers, but really have no background knowledge on anything such as car speakers/subs related .. i've visited websites such as crutchfield and so but i don't really know what to look for... i would love to avoid having to replace my head unit and overall i am looking for a reasonably priced sound system that will play my music more clear and louder.. everything in the car is factory for the 2010 jeep wrangler unlimited. any help/information is appreciated


Answer
Assuming you don't have the premium Infinity sound system, I would look on a wrangler forum for info on how to upgrade to it. Infinity isn't bad at all.

2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited speaker system upgrade suggestions?




Andrew


Hi I have a 2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited and I was wondering what good speakers could I put in. I don't want anything to to expensive but I'll pay for good quality speakers. I have the 4 speaker system. Should I modify the speakers mount to hold bigger speakers. I am not looking for too much bass but I like bass also the sound quality. When I'm driving down the highway it sounds horrible. Also I want I try to keep the factory headunit. And also would it be good to put a small amp to power the speakers. Thanks


Answer
whenever i get a new car my upgrade process goes :
big 4ch amp --> sound deadener --> headunit --> sub --> front speakers

ill power the front 2 speakers off of 2 channels of the amp and leave the rear speakers un amplified. i'll use the other 2 channels for a sub when i get one.

then ill make sure nothing rattles, you probably get a lot of road noise on the highway? a properly deadened vehicle is pretty close to silent at speed. http://www.sounddeadenershowdown.com read for an hour or so. i usually only "cld" or dynamat and skip the mlv and ccf but you may want to look into it because of your noise issue.

ill skip the headunit part cause you don't want one

next ill add a sub. you can't have a decent sounding system without a sub. I'm not talking some monstrous beast of a sub, just a 8-12 inch 300- 500 watt rms subwoofer in a sealed box.

finally i'll add some speakers. i usually need them at this point beacause my stockers have been blown to absolute hell by a ridiculously overpowered amplifier. i usually choose a home audio speaker from parts-express.com with and make sure it's an alright fit for my amp and also make sure it has really low inductance, which effects how "punchy" the bass is. for simplicity's sake, ill just recommend a component set. i'll do up a mock system for you:

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/p_20406_Soundstream_RUB5800.aspx
found this nice 5 channel amp, you can run all your speakers (front and rear) and a sub off this

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/p_12655_Dynamat_10455.aspx
can be found a lot cheaper on ebay

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_18896_Infinity-Reference-860W.html
good little sub at a good price

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_12260_JBL-P660C.html
front speakers, not sure what size speaker your jeep is, i guessed at 6.5

with that amp you can add an amplified set to the rear aswell, go coax for a budget speaker, go component if you will have lots of people in the back and can spare the cash.

email me through yahoo if you have any questions, just click my name and send me an email!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Sound System?
Rating: 98% based on 989 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment