Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Surround speaker systems?




Andy


Hello,

Does anyone know of a good surround sound speaker system/set that is not too expensive and can be plugged straight into the TV rather than a DVD player?

Thanks



Answer
The TV would need an optical out port. What do you consider not too expensive? Give us a price range. I would recommend something like this: http://www.amazon.com/Onkyo-HT-S3500-5-1-Channel-Theater-Receiver/dp/B0077V88V8/ref=sr_1_16?s=aht&ie=UTF8&qid=1358867229&sr=1-16&keywords=receiver

Speaker system hookup?




ryan c


I know virtually nothing about speakers and need some help. So my uncle gave me this really nice subwoofer with speakers that plug into the back of the subwoofer using the red and black wires (I don't know what they're actually called). The subwoofer has a the standard RCA red and white audio inputs and another plug which says "LFE IN (unfiltered)". The problem is that my tohiba television doesn't have RCA audio output jacks. It has a Digital Audio Out (which looks kind of like a telephone plug) but i don't know how to use this to output audio to my subwoofer. What is the easiest/cheapest way i can use these speakers with my tv?


Answer
You can not connect any speaker in today's tv. The digital optical port has to be connected to a receiver, home theater in a box with an optical audio input or a sound bar. Then you connect your speakers to the receiver. This is the only way you are going to be able to connect a speaker to the tv. Hope this will help you out.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Surround speaker systems?
Rating: 98% based on 989 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment