Monday, March 3, 2014

can you recommend external speakers please?




heart


I'm looking for external speakers for a digital piano. All I want to do is get rid of the muffled sound from the dp, no need to sound like Carnegie hall :)

The dp sounds terrific with headphones (specifically cheap $20 Skullcandy ear buds!) But I bought a pair of speakers and subwoofer by Logitech for $75 and it sounds slightly louder but still muffled.

Thank you
Williams? I never heard of that brand.
No it's a korg sp 250. I think you helped recommend that one to me i jones

Maybe it isn't as bad as I think but I'm comparing the sound to a real piano or with my earbuds and it just doesn't sound the same and I want it to sound better.



Answer
And the brand of digital piano is ...

... Williams?

I'm surprised you think it sounds muffled. The Skull Candy buds probably sound "better" because they are in your ear, and louder. I thought the built-in amplifier and speaker system were pretty descent for a home digital, though I'll grant you that 2 x 10 cm is small for speakers trying to reproduce the frequency and dynamic range of a piano.

You'll probably find that higher wattage amplifiers and larger speakers will make a world of difference. But that will come at a cost. I'm guessing that a good deal of the reason for getting the SP250 was the price, so getting Genelec near-field monitors or a pair of QSC K-12 powered monitors is not in the cards.

Computer audio systems, even reasonably good ones, aren't designed for the dynamic and frequency ranges demanded by a piano. You will blow the speakers over time.

The HS50M monitors mentioned above might be a good solution.

QSC GX5 amp with my speakers?!?




Henry Imme


Hi, i have two Yamaha SM12H II

Specs:

Ohms: 8
Noise: 100W
Program: 200W
Peak: 400W

Will the QSC GX5 be ideal and work well with my speakers or not?

Thanks in advance!



Answer
It will work great. People worry way too much about matching watts with amps and speakers. What you need to do is watch the CLIP lights on the front of the amp when you are playing the system loudly - those lights indicate distortion and clipping - if they start to light up, turn it down. If you do that, your speakers will last a long time. If you ignore those lights, your speakers will be toast.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: can you recommend external speakers please?
Rating: 98% based on 989 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment