Thursday, March 6, 2014

Logitech X-530 5.1 Speaker System connected directly to my tv?




Highmaan


Is connecting the Logitech X-530 5.1 Speaker System directly to the audio out on my tv set a good idea?...I'm planning on buying one soon to enhance the sound quaility when I watch digital cable , play ps2 and watch dvds also what kind of connecting adapter do I need?


Answer
Yes, I have my smaller 2.1 system hooked up to my TV, and it is awesome. You will just need an audio adapter like this one http://www.frontx.com/pro/c216_042p2.gif , and a double female 3.5mm adapter like this one http://www.tecnec.com/Product.asp?baseItem=MF&cat=CABLESCONN&subcat=ACONNECT&prodClass=MCON&mfg=TecNec+Cables+%26+Connectors&search=0&off= .

Logitech X-530 speakers for an apartment party?




Kevin L


I am throwing a back to school party at my apartment next week and am lacking a really good sound system. I have a Logitech X-530 5.1 surround system hooked up to my laptop. It's rated at 70 watts. Is that enough to fill my 12x17 living area and 10x10 dining area? Should i look into purchasing a higher end receiver and some better speakers?


Answer
It all depends on what you mean by "fill". If you just want some laid back ambient music then they should be plenty powerful. However, if you want the entire place headbanging, then they might end up a bit on the low side. One way to test because you have the speakers is to plug them in and crank up the music you plan to play at the party. Then walk around the rooms and see what it sounds like. Remember that more people in the room will muffle the sound a bit.
Also, if you look at the Logitech website, the rating of 70 watts for the speakers is at 10% total harmonic distortion. This is a significant amount of distortion if you're playing music with any complexity to it, as the bass can sound muddy and rattly and the mid and high range sounds can be shrill and buzzy. With a bit of knowledge of power electronics, I am a bit skeptical that the speakers' power supply and amplifier will tolerate continuous playing at maximum volume, but if they don't seem to get too hot then you should be fine.

It's ultimately your call on what to do, though for just this single party I would not recommend buying a high-end speaker system. Look into any local places that might let you rent a (small) PA sound system if you're really intent on blasting music. This won't be cheap but it will be much cheaper than buying a new system.

Good luck!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Logitech X-530 5.1 Speaker System connected directly to my tv?
Rating: 98% based on 989 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment