Sunday, March 2, 2014

Best Wireless Speaker (or regular)?




Mercedes D


I was just wondering what speaker is best, preferably wireless, however as long as it suits the following that would be perfect!
- I play a wide range of music, from classical - pop, most of my music has a lot of bass, piano work, or high vocals.
- I play my music loud, my last speaker system was amazing, but when I turned it up past the "12:00" area on the dial, it would give out, and recently started playing all my music quite a few octaves higher, so eric clapton was singing like justin beiber, (scary!)
- I tend to move quite a bit, so it needs to be easy to move from place to place, the last system was ridiculously heavy, it was hard wood (black) and a floor standing stereo that goes up to my mid- rib and I am 5".
- I love things to be sleek and elegant, I am not a fan of big and bulky, however if the quality is amazing I will deal! ^.^
Well, if anyone knows something let me know please, thanks!!!



Answer
First - wireless speakers are almost universally crappy. They are not really wireless but have to have a amp built in as well as the radio receiver. This means more $$$ and you sometimes get interference when airplanes fly over.

If you want a music system - here is what I would get:

* Magnapan - these are electro-static panel speakers. They are tall and wide but very thin. But they have a HUGE radiating surface which means they can produce details other speakers can only dream about. The MMG-1s start at about $650/pair and they have an in-home trial. (One guy described the sound as "...better than sex" - high praise from a guy).

* SVS - Panel speakers cannot produce bass so you need a good, musical subwoofer. Two very good internet brands are SVS Woofers and HSU Research. I once read the owner of SVS praise a competitors sub - so I bought SVS. I appreciate honesty.

* Receiver - get a good 5.1 receiver from a name brand company like Yamaha or Dennon. If you shop your local Craigslist you can often find 8 year old receivers that were $2,000 going for $300. This piece will be heavy - but it is a power-plant and trust me - you want heavy for an amp to play loud and long.

Hope this helps.

Speakers Question, Home Theater?




Ryan H


I am looking for a 5.1 home theater system that supports hdmi from my ps3 and to my Bravia X.

I do not need or want a dvd or blu ray player with it.
It also needs to support Dolby TrueHD and DTS HD.
Needs wireless rear speakers.
Needs HDMI compatible AV receiver.
looking to spend 500 - 1000.

does anybody have a recommendation?



Answer
Start with the 220 dollar yamaha reviever you can find at your local radioshack. that will take care of the Dolby, the 500 watts across 5 channels the DTS and the HDMI. The cerwin vega CLS-6c center speaker rocks, its about 100 bucks. The wireless rear speakers are going to be expensive and the sound will suck so no suggestion there. A company called fluance makes some awesome towers for 100 bucks a peice, (they are their only model in that range) and get a powered sub. Klipsh is my favorite but they can get pricey, you wont regret it though they take your heart out punch it and then put it back with every grenade that goes off.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Best Wireless Speaker (or regular)?
Rating: 98% based on 989 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment