Sunday, September 15, 2013

How can I create a docking system between my MacBook Pro and my home office setup?

best speaker system for android
 on polish gel off gel polishes are purchasing a true innovation
best speaker system for android image



Albert


I love my 2009 MBP but its too small for constant all-day use. I constantly find myself wishing that I had a desktop setup (i.e. mouse, keyboard, screens, speakers, etc) at home that I could easily connect with my laptop to work from instead. i have some ideas but could use some help making them a reality.

Now Apple makes their own auxiliary items, but there are two issues there that I will need to address: 1) I will most likely be sharing this space with a PC user, and 2) I am trying to go as wireless as possible to avoid any messy cable situations as well as make it as simple to connect and disconnect.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 that features such wireless technology as Near Field Communication, Android/S Beam and All Share Cast. After seeing wireless chargers transmit power, and these technologies transmit data, I was inspired to research whether or not a data connection like this could be used to create an easy hardware syncing option for a laptop.

My idea is that Iâd have all of my auxiliary items connected to a large flat tray on which Iâd set my laptop. I was imagining that the laptop would then be able to wirelessly sync with the tray and thus the items attached to it and voila! When Iâm done all Iâd need to do is remove my computer from the tray and the connection would be severed allowing me to go on my way.

So what do you think⦠Is this even possible? I mean our routers, modems and external hard drives already wirelessly share large quantities of data, so why can't auxiliary items and a computer? Iâd appreciate any feedback you could share with me regarding this idea. Flaws Iâm not seeing⦠Ideas you might have⦠Let me know and, as always, I excitedly look forward to hearing your responses! Thank you!!



Answer
You can have bluetooth keyboard and mouse connected wirelessly with the MBP now. You would need power and a video connection physically connected. MBP uses a connector called Thunderbolt to connect an external monitor, it's as easy to use as a USB port - so easy to do.

I'm not familiar with the Samsung features you mention, but considering the massive amounts of data bits required to light up a high resolution monitor I reckon that one would be tuff to do via the mechanism you describe.

You can get docking stations for Windows PC (I have for an HP laptop) that has all the wires connected to it, I just stick the laptop in and it functions like a desktop. I have a 21" monitor connected to the docking station, along with mouse and keyboard. I know Lenovo has similar too. These docking stations have a multipin connector that mates with a connector on the laptop. A MBP doesn't have a connector like that.

I like your idea though. Just need Apple to design it. It will require the MBP to support the capability too - so your existing MBP couldn't do it.

What is wrong with my android venture from virgin mobile?




Jim


It plays audio through my head phones when I connect them, but when I connect it to my stero system or plug it into my car radio it only plays through the phones speakers only!!
Please help me asap
-Jim



Answer
fast android games and free apps here : android.pandaapp.com




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How can I create a docking system between my MacBook Pro and my home office setup?
Rating: 98% based on 989 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment