Thursday, May 22, 2014

What do you think the best 7.1 sound system for under $3000?




bebop


I'm going to be using a Denon 3311ci receiver. wonder what r some good options to go with...


Answer
You're starting off with a great receiver, and from that I can see you know more about this than most.


The brands I would recommend are Bowers & Wilkins, Paradigm, Klipsch, Definitive Technology, Focal, and Energy.


In your budget I would say Paradigm, their Monitor series in particular, offers the most bang for your buck, with Def Tech a close second. B&W is very good for extremely high end, so if you were willing to spend at least $6,000, or ideally $10000+, they are really second to none. Klipsch also has great high end speakers, such as their Palladium series, but I'm less thrilled about their offerings in your price range, however they are still very good. Focal makes very attractive looking speakers, but I think other companies sound better for the money, although they are still very good. Energy's are not as expensive as the other companies, but they don't go as high end either.


I would recommend spending about $1000 on the sub, and $2000 on the rest of the speakers.

For the fronts I would choose one of these options, depending on whether you want floor standing speakers or bookshelves:
http://www.paradigm.com/index.php?option=com_mtree&task=listcats&cat_id=136&Itemid=2
http://www.paradigm.com/index.php?option=com_mtree&task=listcats&cat_id=129&Itemid=2

For the center:
http://www.paradigm.com/index.php?option=com_mtree&task=listcats&cat_id=132&Itemid=2

The surrounds:
http://www.paradigm.com/index.php?option=com_mtree&task=listcats&cat_id=135&Itemid=2

And for the rears, choose either one of the bookshelves or the surrounds.

And last but not least, the sub:
http://www.paradigm.com/products/paradigm/subwoofer

There are many combinations from what I just suggested. For ex, if you get top of the line floor standing fronts you may have to get rears or surrounds that are lower in the range to stay under budget. You're dropping a good amount of money on this system so you don't want to be disappointed. I would use Paradigm's dealer locator to find one near you (as long as you live near a big city it won't be a problem). Then you can hear these speakers (and likely several other brands side by side) for yourself. Then you can pick out the components individually to what best suits your taste and be sure you're making an educated purchase.

Questions about a multizone speaker system?




gummyd


ust bought a house, but I'm an electronics noob
Has previously built in speaker system on first floor:
7 ceiling speaker units with 2 speakers in each unit (14 total speakers) - I'm assuming this since there are 7 wire bundles with 4 individual speaker wires in each bundle - am I correct to assume that these are 2 speakers in each speaker unit then?
Left-Center-Right entertainment center wall speakers (3 total speakers) - Assuming this because there are 3 wire bundles with 2 individual speaker wires in each bundle - however I don't really know what's going on here. I thought 2 speaker wires meant left-right. Are both of my left and right positioned speakers left-right channel then? Or are they dedicated left and dedicated right?
Left-Back-Right "surround" ceiling speakers (3 total speakers) - Again, 3 wire bundles with 2 speaker wires in each bundle. These wires are marked "surround" - do I need to do anything special with them?

Volume controls in each room already built in

In one place there are a lot of speaker wires (16awg I think, whatever this means)
I have no clue how to install a music box playing system but I want to ... and would like to be able to play only CDs and maybe wirelessly playing music from a desktop computer and if at all possible, already have an interface where you can insert an SD card or USB drive or portable hard drive or something and you can play music from there already without the hassle of a computer...

How can I accomplish this?
I've heard about these multi-zone multi-room receivers or something, but I don't know how to use how to buy how to install?
I only see speaker wires with 1-inch strip off copper ends, how will this be able to plug into a receiver? And I have so many speakers, are there any multi-something receivers that can accept so many speakers? Any recommendations for receivers with the basic functions I listed? I don't need volume control on the receiver since volume control is already installed for the speakers. My budget is $3000 but I'd like to do it under $1500. Thank you.



Answer
If you want different music in each room at the same time, that will drive the cost way up. For that, you would need a multi zone amp.

If you just want to have the same music in all the rooms from one source, that is pretty easy. All you would need for that is a simple stereo receiver and a speaker switch:

http://www.amazon.com/Monster-SS-6-Speaker-Switcher-Speakers/dp/B00004Y3UY/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1293036686&sr=1-3

Multizone info:

http://www.nuvotechnologies.com/

http://www.sonos.com/Default.aspx?rdr=true&LangType=1033&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=ppc&utm_campaign=wholemultiroom

http://wholehouseaudiosystem.com/




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What do you think the best 7.1 sound system for under $3000?
Rating: 98% based on 989 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment