Saturday, May 24, 2014

Speakers not working?




Avani


I just got the new computer hooked up, it's a Windows Vista. And I have a problem with the speakers. No sound comes out, even when I turn them on and fool around with the volume. I am sure I have them connected to the right places. The speakers are something called acer. There are two speakers connected with a wire to eachother then only off ONE speaker there are two more wires coming out. One that hooks into the computer and the other one is supposed to be a USB. I don't know what to do. And please don't just say 'you shouldn't have bought a windows vista' or something stupid like that.


Answer
Double click on the speaker icon in the Systems Tray (bottom left of your screen), make sure everything is unchecked and the sliding bars for volume are up. No speaker icon.? Click on Start, choose Control Panel, then Sound/Audio Devices, click on Advanced and do the same. Still no sound? Plug a pair of headsets into the computer where the speakers go. If you hear sound in the headsets, it's your speakers, if not then it could be your sound card. Chow

Vista sound system?




Wake H


My Vista sound system was working fine for a while but then one day it stopped working, its wired fine and its not muted. However the interesting thing is that there is no X's anywhere on the device manager. Thank you in advance.
Well i know my speakers are powered because they make this beep noise when i restore defaults. I'll try reinstallation next



Answer
Try and plug in a different set of speakers. If that dosn't work, download the drivers for your audio card and reinstall them.

Personally, not seeing any issues in the device manager for your audio card makes me believe that you have an issue with your speakers. Are the powered, maybe the power cord accidentally removed?




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Speakers not working?
Rating: 98% based on 989 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment