Friday, May 23, 2014

Trying to understand what a 3-2-1 speaker system and what it is?




Mr. Basket


I have a small room but I want some good quality sound from my speakers currently I own a set of 2 Bose ceiling speakers that up till now I thought they where great. I have your average stereo hooked up to my Bose speakers and I have an HDTV and a PS3. So I recently took a Home Theater test to find out what would go right in my situation so, it said I should get a 3-2-1 speaker system and in the picture it shows to small speakers and a sub-woofer. So my question is since I already have 2 good speakers do I just have to get a sub-woofer? Or would it be better to buy a set with all the speakers being the same brand?


Answer
Ideally surround sound should be done with speakers from the same family (to help ensure "timbre matching"), but it isn't essential.

Bose are renowned as speakers for the gullible ... expensive and mediocre performers. You can do a lot better for the same (or less) money.

For a true surround system you want at least 5 main speakers (front left and right, front center, side/rear left and right). If they are full frequency (particularly the front speakers) .. meaning good low frequency response ... you don't need a subwoofer. If they are fairly small speakers they probably don't have great bass response and a sub would be beneficial.

See the link for some well-rated possibilities.

If you don't have room for free standing speakers you can use in-wall or in-ceiling models, or even a "sound bar" that provides a pseudo surround sound (On the latter, see the link on the left side of the main page from the link below).

wha is the best 2.1 speaker system with bass for under 50 dollars?




hi


using them for pc speakers


Answer
For 2.1
Logitech X-230 32 watts RMS 2.1 Black Speaker System $38.00
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16836121123

5.1 is much better
Logitech X-530 70 watts RMS 5.1 Black Speaker System $59.99
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16836121126

Card:

Creative Sound Blaster Audiology SE 7.1 Channels PCI Interface Sound Card - $32.99
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16829102012
Per box compatible with 5.1, 6.1, 7.1.
I believe it It can be run in 2, 2.1, 5.1 and 7.1 modes.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Trying to understand what a 3-2-1 speaker system and what it is?
Rating: 98% based on 989 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment