Monday, March 17, 2014

What specification makes for a good PC speaker system?




fore4kicks


I'm looking to buy new speaker just a maybe

At this moment i have Harmon Kardon speakers their very very low end

I dont blast my music actually i listen to it quite softly anything you can teach me about speakers?



Answer
Well pretty much, it all depends on what your looking for. I have a 2.1 system, which means 2 speakers and 1 subwoofer, and that works great for just listening to music, before I also had very low end speakers. But anytime you see on a description for speakers when it says something like "2.1, 5.1, e.t.c." the first number means how many speakers, and the second number is clarifying that it does come with a subwoofer, which I would definantly recommend for listening to music, since speakers alone cant make certain sounds that a subwoofer can. By the way, there are some systems that come with more than one subwoofer, in that case, the second number would just be the amount of subwoofers that come with it, but I highly doubt you will need that just for a pc. A really good brand of computer speakers is Logitech, and they're decently priced. My Logitech 2.1 system works great for music, and they can get pretty loud, even if your not planning on blasting them.

Pc speakers subwoofer splitters?! HELP?




Kennedy


So i have a subwoofer that i think is supposed to be used with a home theatre and it has 1 input. which is fine. its a Sony SA-WM20.

I need help because my Speakers have the Audio output/input cables (not speaker wire or anything) and i unplug one of my pc speakers and put it too the input for the subwoofer. but how do i get both speakers to work and the subwoofer, when theirs only 2 input/output ports? do i need splitters or anything?
I live in canada to we have the source, futureshop, bestbuy...

btw the 2 speaker input things go to the back of my pc speakers which are hooked up directly to the 3.5mm headphone jack.



Answer
I'm not sure if this will help, but I had a similar situation - a vintage pair of desktop speakers with a self-contained amp in one of them, and a non-powered woofer in a cabinet. The little speakers had a tinny sound as expected, but when I hooked up the passive woofer, the sound was pretty good.

Most of these little speaker systems have three conductors: left, right, and common return. I unsoldered the common return wires (coming from the two speakers) from the circuit board. I spliced one side of the two-wire cable to the passive woofer to these common return wires (soldered), and put the other side of the cable into the circuit board where I had removed the return wires. Simply put, the woofer was now in series with the common return lines of the two speakers. It works like a charm.

I hope this will be useful to you.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What specification makes for a good PC speaker system?
Rating: 98% based on 989 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment