Friday, March 21, 2014

These good 5.1 speakers?




HappyGreen


i got these for super cheap but are they good? they cost the same as logitech x530 speakers on ebay so i am assuming they are good please tell me so.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380220038109&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

and 1 more question, i have my left over stereo speakers that i don't want to throw out, can i somehow connect it to my windows 7 machine and have it be 2 extra channels? so i can have 7.1? just asking, and how if i can. thanks guys i will pick best answer as soon as possible



Answer
in that case, no, they are in fact terrible speakers... 3 reasons, first and foremost is a lack of general specification information, if you have to search for that info, you can count on it being bad.

Secondly, the only valuable piece of information on that system is the sensitivity rating, that's the difference in sound between the static and the signal, in simple terms, when the movie or music goes quiet, with those speakers, you'll hear a slight "shhhhhhhhh". You wanna shoot for a rating of 85db or better.

And thirdly, it's a surround sound in a box. These are almost never a good idea. If you want good sound, do your research, learn the meanings of things like sensitivity and frequency response rate, the different materials that speakers surrounds are made from, what a voice coil is, what a digital-analog converter is (essential that this particular part of your receiver is of high quality if you want to experience anything good from digital sound), and so on, there are more things you could learn, some things you don't need to learn but will help you to make a better decision, and go out there and build your own system with confidence.

E-mail me with general questions you have, or if you need help understanding something, but I don't have the time to actually teach you everything you need to know.

Ps. still e-mail me a photo of your computer and the speakers you're trying to add.

PPs, i just read it over again and it actually does include a lot of "features" But these are all things that companies put on the box to make it look cooler, and these things only generally appear on boxes with nothing of value inside of them.

What I'm about to say can sound patronizing, some people I talk to feel like I'm talking down to them or something, I promise I'm not, I just like to ramble, I don't think you're stupid, I promise.

be wary of words like "Convenient Front Panel Volume, Bass, and Treble Control" all receivers have a front volume and most bass and treble controls, and any worth the money actually have a full on equalizer up front, the word "convenient" is meant to imply that it's unusual and they've done you a favor.

"Digitally Tuned Ported Subwoofer Cabinet" is a fancy way of saying the subwoofer has a hole in it, they don't actually function very well without that port... but that sure does sound fancy.

"Simple Plug & Play Connections" all audio systems are plug and play, you dont have to program them or install drivers, they just work, they have always just worked when you plug them in.

"Durable Wooden Woofer & Speakers Enclosures" you're not going mountain climbing with your home theater, "durable" has nothing to do with sound quality.

"Dolby Digital Ready

DTS Ready" are two ways of saying the EXACT same thing, and it's a great way to fill up a spec list with extra stuff.

Long story short, these specs are all completely meaningless, and even if you don't wanna do your research on every single things you buy, if you learn to read between the lines when you're reading packaging, it can go a long way towards you finding the right product.

Will a Logitech X530 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker System connect to a Benq G2420HD Monitor?




chrisweebs


Also, if it does connect, then how, using what cables?
I probably should've included the fact that, I will be using the monitor for xbox 360 gaming, and that I don't have a sound card. I am planning to connect an xbox 360 to the monitor via HDMI cable, then hoping to connect the X350's to the monitor, which i am unsure if i can do..
**X530's not X350's D:



Answer
Like sashawhitefur said you would hook this up to the back of your tower to the headphone jacks connected to the sound card. Assuming you have the right sound card there should be 3 headphone plugs there. They are colored coded so it should not be a problem. I own these speakers. Use them with my laptop. Do no have the correct sound card to get true 5.1 sound. I did get them all to play. I like them. They are loud. I wonder how much better they would sound with the proper sound card. Hope this helps. Good Luck and Enjoy.

Saw the additional comment. Sorry about the wrong info. I remember when I bought these speakers there was a bridge of some sorts included. If I recall correctly the instructions said it was to hook up the speakers to a gaming system of some sorts. Please be aware I do not game so. Anyway the bridge is a black rectangle with 3 3.5mm jacks for the 3 speaker plugs on one side and plugs for 2 RCA audio plugs on the other. Any chance you have these audio plugs in your gaming system? I wish I could be of more help.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: These good 5.1 speakers?
Rating: 98% based on 989 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment