Sunday, March 16, 2014

I Bought a RCA RT2870 home theater reciever hoping i could use it for a stereo. Was i completely wrong??..?




Kyle B


I Bought a RCA RT2870 home theater reciever hoping i could use it for a stereo. Was i completely wrong??..?
When i have parties at my house i LOVE the loud music, the bass, and was sick of borrowing my friends, so I bought a RT2870 Home theater system. What caught my eye was the 1,000 watt receiver, so i thought i could use it to buy a system like the 2 speaker system my friend had. His speakers were about 4' high and were loud with the receiver he had. The problem with mine is that it's a home theater receiver, not a stereo receiver, so i don't have all the inputs and controls a normal stereo receiver has. Is there anything i can buy as an "add on" to my home theater receiver that can give me these control. What would it be, and what speakers would give me what i want? I know this is alot, but if anyone can help me it'd be great.



Answer
It's a 5.1 system ... which means it has 5 amp for the 5 main channels and also feeds a self powered subwoofer. That said, while it can (and normally would) have 5 speakers plus a sub connected it can be used with only two speakers in stereo mode. So it will give surround sound when fed surround material )e.g. DVDs) but will give stereo when fed 2 channel material (e.g. CDs).

If you only want it for stereo material it's not the best choice, but it will work fine. Just don't be fooled by the 1000 watt rating ... it''s almost certainly more accurately rated at around 50-70 watts per channel.

sony vs RCA surround sound system?




aaron


I am between a 650 watt system sony, or 1000 watt for and RCA, RCA is also cheaper but how much quality will I be lacking?


Answer
Frankly, both are crap.

You can waste your money buying something so bad, or you can spend a bit more money and get some gear made by good companies, that has more connectivity, and sounds far, far better.

A GOOD home theater system includes a good audio receiver, you can get good ones for as little as $160, such as Yahama 367 or 371, open box, on Newegg, for $160, or a new Pioneer 821-K for $180.

Then, add in a proper 5.1 speaker system, such as Polk 6750 for $229, add in some 16 gauge speaker wire (100 feet on Amaz*n), and a digital optical audio cable, plus a couple of HDMI cables.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: I Bought a RCA RT2870 home theater reciever hoping i could use it for a stereo. Was i completely wrong??..?
Rating: 98% based on 989 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment