Saturday, February 15, 2014

Are there any optical input speakers?




Cody Grimm


I just need some cheap speakers that take an optical input. Some where around 30-40 dollars?


Answer
Not that cheap.

Anything with optical will be a full surround speaker system, and you will pay well for the digital surround decoder license.

Digital Coaxial vs. Digital Optical - Speaker System?




Corey


I plan on buying the THX Certified Logitech Z906 speaker system for my studio set-up, and I just had a quick question.

Both my computer, and the product have Digital Coaxial and Optical compatibility, and I was wondering which is best for video/audio production (provides highest quality). Both also have the traditional Analog system, but I suspect this is a less effective alternative.



Answer
On paper there shouldn't be too much between the sound, especially at the rate you're most likely using, it's a digital signal i.e. just 1's and 0's. Coaxial are more susceptible to ground loop (hum or buzz) but this is unlikely, Optical are more susceptible optical to jitter but again this is unlikely. Optical are more delicate and more likely to damage.

Personally I go for Coaxial every time and in the context of my system think it does sound better when I've used it. (AV amp and Squeezebox to DAC)




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Are there any optical input speakers?
Rating: 98% based on 989 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment