Thursday, February 13, 2014

Which home theater speakers?




Jon


I have purchased an LG Infinia 55LX9500 3d TV and a Pioneer Elite V33 receiver. I also have an Xbox, PS3, Pioneer Elite 3d Blu-Ray Player, Roku Media Player and Panomax Power Conditioner. The only thing I'm missing, obviously, are my speakers. I want to purchase a 5.1 setup right now, eventually going to 7.1. I have narrowed down two systems, the Klipsch RF-42 system with the Synergy Sub 12 HG subwoofer or the BIC Acoustech PL-89 Theater system with the PL-200 Subwoofer. I know with Klipsch you get the name brand and obviously good quality, but I keep reading good reviews about the BIC setup and the numbers are slightly better in wattage, sensitivity level, and frequency response. I would go and listen to these speakers but the closest shop that has a setup somewhere near these is about 500 miles away. Can someone please help me or point me in the right direction?


Answer
You are better off with Klipsch speakers, they have been producing speaker for many years. The first time I saw a Klipsch speaker was in the early 60"s, big box and tall with large horn. I personally use Klipsch speakers for my bedroom, the Quintet 5, and no complain or problems at all. As for the BIC Acoustech, I have never seen or read any material on them. Hope this will help you out.

What gauge/brand speaker wire and connector type should I get?




Marty Wrin


I just got an Onkyo TX-SR604 AV Receiver and have ordered the Klipsch Quintet II 5-piece speaker system and a BICV120 Venturi 10-inch 160W Subwoofer.

What is the best gauge and brand of speaker wire for me to get?

What type of connectors should I get, or should I just connect using the wire strands?



Answer
Usually I recommend Monster Cable (very Good brand) and you want to use the thickest wire you can get (gauge) but you might want to use narrow gauge for the rear speakers as you don't want to run thick wire to the back of the listening area (kinda tacky if you know what I mean). Also if you use connectors make sure they are gold plated - More Conductivity.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Which home theater speakers?
Rating: 98% based on 989 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment