Tuesday, December 24, 2013

My Cable TV does not have Audio output, how can I get connected to Home speaker to listen to quality sound?

5.1 speaker system ebay
 on Mission FS1-AV 5.1 Speaker System | eBay
5.1 speaker system ebay image



celestino


My TV in my room does not have audio output where I suppose to connect it to my home theater system to enjoy quality sound coming from Dish TV programs, niether it has a Dish satellite box receiver. How can I possibly make connection to my home theater?


Answer
Does your TV have a SCART output at all? I have a SCART to three phono (RCA) plug lead, because I had the same problem as you, which meant I could transmit the TV sound through my Sony 5.1 Amplifier, as stereo. Have a look on Ebay for such a lead, that's where I got mine.
If not, then there is really no way of doing it without buying a new TV, unfortunately!

How to convert from a single audio cable to positive and negative speaker terminals?




TheMightyF


The manual for my tv says I can use it's speaker as the center channel for my 5.1 surround system (it's a good speaker). The problem is the tv has a single "audio center channel" in port and the receiver only has the positive and negative bare wire (or banana plug) out ports for the center channel. Do I need to buy some sort of line converter or is this impossible to connect?


Answer
If the port on your tv is an RCA type connector (like the red, white and yellow ones on the back of dvd players), you should be able to splice the cables from your receiver into an old spare RCA (male) connector to get input. Usually, the tip (inner post) of the RCA plug is the positive (+) and the shield (outer barrier) is the negative (-). Alternatively (to avoid blowing the life out of the speaker in your tv), you could always pick up an affordable centre channel speaker off eBay or just use a regular speaker as a centre channel until you can afford a decent one.

You "can" connect up the internal one of your tv set, but make sure the ohm rating matches with your receiver.

Good luck !!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: My Cable TV does not have Audio output, how can I get connected to Home speaker to listen to quality sound?
Rating: 98% based on 989 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment