Saturday, December 28, 2013

How do I connect 5.1 speaker system to a single laptop mono output other than buying a soundcard?

speaker system 5.1
 on CH Tower Home Theater Speaker System (T6088H) - China Home Theater ...
speaker system 5.1 image



pigtummy


I have just bought a 5.1 speaker system. but it has more than 1 input! I have only 1 output from my laptop, as a result I could not play half of the speaker. Any cheaper alternative than buying a soundcard?


Answer
Get you self a firewire or USB sound card or if your laptop has an out optical you could use that, but again thats if your 5.1 amp has opitical in.

I really nice sound card for a laptop is the X-Fi Xtreme Audio Notebook
http://www.creative.com/products/product.asp?category=1&subcategory=208&product=16642

Is there some way of connecting a 5.1 surround sound speaker system to a USB port on my laptop?




Colin


I have a decent 5.1 speaker system for a PC. I no longer use the PC but use a laptop and do not want to buy a new speaker system if there is some device out there which will allow me to run the 5.1 . Yes I am aware that I will only receive sereo from the laptop.


Answer
Not that I'm aware of unless the laptop has a super sound card built in that has the drivers needed to support 5.1. You might want to post this in computer instead of home theater. Too many people think this is where all the geeks hang out, but that is not the case. Try computers.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How do I connect 5.1 speaker system to a single laptop mono output other than buying a soundcard?
Rating: 98% based on 989 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment