Friday, December 27, 2013

How loud can I play my car speakers without risking blowing them out?

speaker system for a car
 on Chevy Truck Underhood Wiring Diagrams - Chuck's Chevy Truck Pages.com
speaker system for a car image



Andy


Simple car, simple speaker system.

I don't understand how speakers work and why the blow, so to protect my investment I want to know how far I can reasonably push them.



Answer
If the volume on the car goes to 30, turn it up to about 25 at the max. If the sound starts to distort, then you know you are doing damage to the speaker.

How necessary is a subwoofer for metal music in my car?







I have fully upgraded my speaker system in my car. head unit, back speakers and front speakers. everything sounds fantastic, but the bass is a little weak. I can get heavy bass out of it, but that makes the treble sound murky. I was thinking of getting two 8" for the double bass from the drums. Any opinions?
An example of the music I listen to is A Day to Remember. They have alot of bass in their songs



Answer
A single 8" or even 10" subwoofer in a sealed enclosure will do you just fine for your ride. The bass will be clean and quick responding, deending on what kinda sub your gonna be running along with what kind of amp.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How loud can I play my car speakers without risking blowing them out?
Rating: 98% based on 989 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment