Saturday, December 21, 2013

Hi everyone, I need some help regarding my z906 Logitech 5.1 speaker system ASAP?

logitech speaker system z906 manual
 on ...    v um14a logitech driver  logitech
logitech speaker system z906 manual image



Alicia


I would like to know if anyone else has or is experiencing the same issue as I am. I don't know if this is just coincidental or if this is the cause to it, but yesterday I wasn't thinking and my PC and speakers were turned on, although the speakers weren't currently in use. i.e. playing music etc. But I unplugged it from the power board adapter thingy and it made this noise. Ever since then the amp changes the inputs by itself. I always have it on input 1 stereo 3D and it changes by itself to 4,5 & AUX all at once. It won't let me turn it off, it wont let me change the dial to adjust the volume, when I do all these things nothing happens... I've tried turning off PC and speakers etc. At one stage I restarted comp and put the amp on and it worked so I put it on the usual setting and music was playing great, then I went to turn the volume down via the dial thing and it wouldn't change, it would just stay on the same setting.I'm very confused and upset because I bought these recently and paid quite abit for them, so I am unsure what to do... So please anyone's help would be of great appreciation.

Thank you



Answer
Try unplugging the speakers from the computer and the wall outlet completely, wait one to two minutes then re-plug the unit back in, to see if this will reset the processor, check the manual to see if there is a procedure to reset the unit to default...

PCM vs. RAW issues...?




Jacob


Okay, So I have a 32-inch Insignia LCD Tv, IT has an Aux output, I have this output going into a Logitech z506 Surround sound system. I have tried to set the television to both PCM and RAW but both act the same way with the system. Only when I turn the system up all the way do I get any sound, and even then it is very faint. IDEAS???


Answer
This sounds like you are confused with your inputs and outputs and also your analogue and digital signal connections.

First things first, the labeling on Insignia TVs is pretty clear. Any socket marked "In" will not give sound or picture out. For that you need a socket marked "Out". [Do you see what they did there? - "Out" means out and "In" means in from the TVs point of view.] So if the AUX socket is really "AUX In" or "AV In" then it's a socket for giving the TV a signal and not one for getting a signal from the TV. Have another read of your manual. Look at the sections marked "Connecting a home theater system" and "Using analog audio"

Next, once you have found the correct socket then you need to use the appropriate connection to the z906 speaker kit. From what you described it sounds to me like you are using an AUX Input on the TV and connecting it to the red & white RCA sockets on the speaker kit. We have already covered how Inputs are not for getting a signal from a TV. When you turn the volume up you are hearing something called crosstalk. The is a tiny amount of sound leakage in the circuits.

Your best connection for sound Out from the TV should either be the "DIGITAL OUTPUT (Coax)" or "DIGITAL OUTOUT" on an optical connector. Second best connection for audio is "AUDIO OUT" on red & white RCA/phono connectors. 3rd choice is the headphone socket. These last two connection methods are analogue stereo audio. You connect to the z906 red & white RCA/phono sockets.

Changing the TV audio settings from PCM to RAW and back only affects the DIGITAL outputs. The best TV setting for your z906 kit depends on the sources connected and how they are set up. If you can make sure that nothing higher than Dolby Digital or DTS gets to the TV from Blu-ray players and games consoles then the z906 will be able to cope with RAW. It will then pass the DD and DTS bitstream signal to the z906 kit to decode in proper discrete high quality surround sound. If you can't set it up like this then use PCM instead. The TV will downconvert surround sound to a basic digital version of 2-channel audio. This isn't as good and it wastes the abilities of the z906 kit.

Your connection to




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Hi everyone, I need some help regarding my z906 Logitech 5.1 speaker system ASAP?
Rating: 98% based on 989 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment