Sunday, December 15, 2013

Are there any potential risks with getting a sound system installed in my new car?

best speaker system 2012
 on Car Audio: The Best of the Best... | Serious Autosport
best speaker system 2012 image



David M


I just got a 2012 Honda Civic. Would getting a 6 speaker/subwoofer +amp system in my car have any negative consequences or risks? The car has only 4 speakers and the sound quality is mediocre. I love music, and feel disappointed every time I listen to the stock radio/speakers. I am looking at getting Polk Speakers and a Kicker subwoofer and amp and a hd radio. All told it would be 1,000 or slightly more. Would getting that installed affect the electrical system/engine/battery/computers in the car/warranty etc.?
The Geek Squad at Best Buy would be the ones installing it. With them doing it, would there be any risk?



Answer
If you take it to the right people probably not. Make sure to do some good research of audio/custom car care centers in your area.

Is an 800 Watt Home Theater system a good one to buy?




Cameron


I'm a first time Surround sound buyer and
5.1 Channel 800W Home Theater Surround Sound Speaker System - MA Audio MA5817
1
this is the model I am looking at because it's cosmetically cool looking to me but is it any good?



Answer
OMG, that's just a cheap piece of garbage. It doesn't have '800 watts', makers of such cheap crap routinely use grossly dishonest tricks to measure audio power at distortion levels that would make anyone listening flee for their lives.

Read the Amaz*n review titled -Pathetic. If you don't like reading, at least read my summary, April 20, 2012-

-Most Important!!: To be honest, after I found out that the $120 I paid for this was a waste of money and that I was going to have to send it back (faulty product out of the box), I went to walmart and bought an Altec Lansing BX1221 for ~$25. IT SOUNDS THE SAME, if not better, than this product did.-

The cheapest system that I could recommend without cringing is the Onkyo HT-S3500 5.1-Channel Home Theater Speaker/Receiver Package, $235 at Amaz*n. If you cannot afford $235, don't buy anything.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Are there any potential risks with getting a sound system installed in my new car?
Rating: 98% based on 989 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment