Thursday, October 31, 2013

How do I measure the size of my speakers in my ford ranger? And also how to know what wattage to buy?

best buy 7.1 speaker system
 on Report as: Expired Out of stock Price is wrong Page not found Other ...
best buy 7.1 speaker system image



Dylan K


I want to buy 4 new speakers for my '97 ford ranger to get better sound quality, but i don't know how to measure them to look for new ones. And my stereo system says 50x4 watts....what does this mean?


Answer
50 x 4 is a max value for each speaker

the realistic amount of power going to those is more like 20 watts.

you would want to find some speakers with low RMS values(under 50 or so),

and there are many sites to find your speaker sizes.


from crutchfield:



1997 Ford Ranger Pickup
with AM/FM/Cassette deck; with AUTO SET button on factory radio

* Aftermarket Stereo Installed [change]

Factory replacement info:

In-dash stereo
7-1/2" depth; Size code E,S,U ; Non-standard dash opening (special integration package required)

Front speakers
Front Door: 6x8"

Far rear speakers
Behind Seat: 6x8"



So you need 6x8s or 5x7s
(normally the same thing, or very close to it)
Assuming I set up your truck right.

here's the link to the thing I used:
http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/autoinfo/autoinfo.asp?lp=%2fapp%2fCar%2fMyCar.aspx

How to make my car system better?




Joseph


I have two stock 6" or 6 1/2" speakers in the front and two stock 7" or 7 1/2" speakers in the back. I don't exactly have the cash to go buy some amazing system but I'd like to replace either the front or back speakers with high quality coaxials and get a new cd player. Which would be better to replace front or back based on how the sound would travel? And what're some good brands and models of speakers and cd players for a reasonable price? Websites please?


Answer
Since this is a stereo you should focus on the front speakers. I will recommend you to go to a nearby store and listen to some speakers of the 6,5" type. For the cd player go for a trusted brand like Pioneer, Alpine, Kenwood, Sony or so, pick up what the store you are wisting have.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How do I measure the size of my speakers in my ford ranger? And also how to know what wattage to buy?
Rating: 98% based on 989 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment