Monday, October 28, 2013

How can I hook up more than one device for quick switching on a single speaker system?

speaker system the best
 on ... speaker system  cool computer gadgets  PC gadgets | Sclick
speaker system the best image






I would like to connect my TV and computer to the same speaker system, and switch between them at will. Can I do this somewhat cheaply? I don't need 5.1 sound, an inexpensive 2.1 system would be fine, I just want to make sure I can switch between 2 inputs.


Answer
A simple RCA A/V switch will work fine - you may need some adapters depending on what inputs and speakers you are using:

http://www.amazon.com/RCA-DT902AV-2-Way-V-Switcher/dp/B0014KOAD8/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1314367962&sr=1-1

Just use the red/white audio jacks - leave the yellow video unconnected.

How do I set up a wireless speaker system in my apartment?




Jennie P


How do I set up a wireless speaker system in my apartment?
So I've got a desktop PC with wireless internet. I want to get speakers in my lounge/diner and in my bedroom that will play the music from my PC e.g. itunes/spotify.
Is it possible? Is it complicated?



Answer
You can buy wireless speakers which have a transmitter which plugs into e pc audio socket and receivers in the speakers.

Or you could buy a video sender, and ignore the picture part of it, plug the audio into the pc and plug some speakers Into the receiver end.

Or you could use Bluetooth, depending how far away the receiver needs to be (usually 10m or 30ft maximum). You can buy bluetooth speakers or an adapter (Belkin do one) that you can plug existing speakers into, If your PC doesn't have Bluetooth you can buy a USB Bluetooth adapter very cheaply.

On the other hand, all these are a bit expensive and diddly. It ought be easier to buy an iPod or other mp3 player and plug it into speakers in each room whe you need them.

I'm not sure that you'll be able to play to several sets of speakers at once whatever you do. Certainly not using Bluetooth.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How can I hook up more than one device for quick switching on a single speaker system?
Rating: 98% based on 989 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment