Saturday, August 10, 2013

How do I connect an apple AirTunes to my Bose 3-2-1 speaker system?

best 2.1 speaker system bose
 on Motorola T505 Portable Car Speaker] | by ZotacE
best 2.1 speaker system bose image



yerdos13


I just got an apple AirPort Base which I use for airTunes. I was wondering what kind of cord I would need to connect it to my Bose 3-2-1 entertainment system. The airTunes has an 1/8" headphone-type output, but the Bose doesn't.


Answer
It depends on what the Bose has. I would guess it has an RCA jack, in which case you would need a "mini to RCA" adapter, which you can get at Radio Shack.

Are there any products similar to the Bose 3-2-1 speaker system without the high price tag?




gw


My 3-2-1 just went caput and I am looking for a less expensive replacement


Answer
You might check with Bose. It could still be under warranty. It's worth a shot anyway.

In my experience Bose products have an MSRP that's more than double what it should be. The 3-2-1 system is nothing more than simulated surround sound, so a good 2.1 system or surround bar should be a good replacement.

Or.....you could buy a decent receiver and a 5.1 speaker set. The Onkyo TX-SR606 is a great deal for $425. There are a number of different speaker sets, ranging from the solid but inexpensive Polk Audio RM6750 ($219) to the impressive and costly Aperion Intimus 4T ($1,569).




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How do I connect an apple AirTunes to my Bose 3-2-1 speaker system?
Rating: 98% based on 989 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment