Thursday, May 1, 2014

speaker wire for speakers...?

Q. Alright so I have heard that speaker wire does make a big difference in the quality of the sound.

I have also heard that the thicker the speaker wire is and the more copper wires it has inside it the better it is. This made me think, could you have a speaker wire that is too good and doesn't work or preform correctly.

I have some 25-90 watt 8 ohms speakers and a amplifier that can do 6-16ohms. (not sure is this is useful or not) what sort of wire should I have

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_wire_gauge


Answer
A 16 gauge speaker wire will be more than sufficient for your system. If you own very high end audio gear then you would spend more money for cables. It is like having a Honda Civic and using Premium gas for it or having a Ferrari and using regular gas. Hope this will help you out.

I need help with home theater system fast??? Please?????

Q. Hi i recently bought a home theater system that didn't bring the amplifier. it's a expensive system. it's call paramax p-7 here is link: http://paramaxaudio.com/hometheater7.html
what im wondering is what's a good receiver to use to bring my system to it's full potential. thank you in advance for your help.


Answer
Yeah, I agree with the Australian sounding guy that said they are crap. They are. Paramax is a White Van name (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_van_speaker_scam) if I remember correctly. They are Bose knockoffs. And why anyone would want to make knockoffs of those junkboxes is beyond me. No matter what you hook them up to they are going to sound like garbage. Get a top of the line $3,000.00 B&K or a $99.00 Sherwood from Walmart and there will be virtually no difference when hooked to these speakers. Sorry, if this sounds harsh but sometimes the truth is. Either get decent speakers or just get the cheapest receiver you can find.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: speaker wire for speakers...?
Rating: 98% based on 989 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment