Thursday, April 10, 2014

hey how do you set up Insignia - 2.1 Speaker System (3-Piece) - Black to Toshiba 32" Class 720p LCD HDTV?




kbenzing


hey how do you set up Insignia - 2.1 Speaker System (3-Piece) - Black to Toshiba 32" Class 720p LCD HDTV?


Answer
Look on the back of the tv. Find the optical audio output. Attach an optical cable to the input, optical cables come with small plastic coverings on the ends, be sure to remove them. Then run the cable into the optical input on your sound system. If your sound system doesn't have an optical input, then run red/white audio cables straight from your cable/sat box into your sound system and turn the tv sound off.

Home Theater Speaker System Questions?




Dray


I want a new home theater system for my HDTV, but I have no experience with a speaker system and need some help.

What I want to do is have a speaker system hooked up to my HDTV somehow, so that I can use the entire surround sound system with WHATEVER is playing on my TV. For example, I have a PS3, Xbox360, PS2, etc. all hooked up to the HDTV. No matter what I'm playing or watching on the TV, I want to be able to use the speaker system. Even if Surround sound isn't available for the source (like a ps2) then I at least want to be able use the speakers in mono or front stereo so I have the bass quality. The reason I say all of that is because I have heard on some DVD Home Theater Systems you can only use the speakers when watching that DVD player that came with the system.

This is the system I am looking at:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Samsung+-+1000W+5.1-Ch.+DVD+Home+Theater+System/9761447.p?id=1218168619879&skuId=9761447

On my HDTV, I have a digital optical audio out port, a regular audio port, and an HDMI port free to use for the speaker system. Here is a picture of my ports on my TV model:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-media/product-gallery/B001U3Y8MW/ref=cm_ciu_pdp_images_1?ie=UTF8&index=1

Is it possible to achieve what I want with this system? If so, how would I do it and what would I need?



Answer
My answer is based on assuming all of the devices you wish to hear out of your home theater system are already hooked up to your HDTV.

Yes it is possible to do what you ask. What you would need to do is hook up the digital optical audio output of your HDTV to the digital optical audio input of the home theater system. This will pass all of the audio from the tv to your theater system.

HOWEVER there is one thing that will NOT happen if you do this - you will NOT get 5.1 surround sound for most devices that output 5.1 surround sound. I don't know the reasoning behind this, but anything that has surround sound capability and is hooked up via HDMI to your tv will only output 2 channel stereo through the optical output of the tv. Anything you get via the tv tuner (ATSC and QAM) will be 5.1 surround sound.

So if you want surround sound from any of your equipment that has that capability you will have to route it to your home theater system instead.

I hope this helps you.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: hey how do you set up Insignia - 2.1 Speaker System (3-Piece) - Black to Toshiba 32" Class 720p LCD HDTV?
Rating: 98% based on 989 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment