Monday, April 7, 2014

Connecting speaker systems to my ps3 and tv?




MaNgOhFrES


I know absolutely nothing about speaker set up. What speaker systems would be best for playing videogames and viewing tv. I have my ps3 connected by component and well, the cable dude came in and set up the...cable. Where do i start with finding the right speakers and having all the neccessary equipment for properly setting up speakers for tele viewing and to the playstation?


Answer
First you have to decide what kind of system you want and what you're willing to pay.

The basic sound system is stereo, where the left and right audio are played back through left and right speakers through a stereo receiver (radio and stereo amplifier in one unit).

The most basic surround system is a 2.1 system, where you have the left and right stereo speakers (the "2" part) and a powered subwoofer to play the low-frequency effect (LFE) channel sounds (the ".1" part. This is relatively inexpensive, but it's not rue surround sound. The signals are just processed to where you get certain delay components that make it sound like you have surround speakers.

The most common surround system for those with a bit of an expanded budget is a 5.1 surround system, where you have a surround sound receiver, front right/left speakers, a front center channel speaker, and rear right/left surround speakers, as well as a powered subwoofer for the LFE channel. This is available as an all-in-one unit (a surround receiver and set of speakers all in one box) called a home theater in a box, or HTiB. These are the cheaper systems you see for a coupla-few hundred dollars at WalMart.

The next step up is a 5.1 surround receiver and separate speakers (usually by different manufacturers). A decent 5.1 receiver will run you about $350 - $400, while a good set of speakers might be $500 - $600. Yamaha makes a couple of good receivers in this price range. And, Klipsch makes a good set of satellites (Quintet) and subwoofer (SW-10) in this price range that you will be very pleased with.

Manufacturers also make 6.1 and 7.1 surround receivers. But, I think this is overkill, both in price and performance. First, it's going to cost more for the receiver and you need additional speakers for the additional channels. And, most programming only comes in 5.1 at the most, anyway. Synthesized 6.1 and 7.1 is where they take the two rear surrounds of the 5.1 program source and run a monophonic component of that sound to the additional speakers (big whoop). All for an additional $500 to $1000 for the system.

To get the most out of your audio/video system, you would then run the video using an HDMI cable to the TV (to get full 1080p video), and run digital audio through the HDMI cable, or the digital coaxial or optical cable to the receiver (for true surround sound).

Which home theater speakers?




Jon


I have purchased an LG Infinia 55LX9500 3d TV and a Pioneer Elite V33 receiver. I also have an Xbox, PS3, Pioneer Elite 3d Blu-Ray Player, Roku Media Player and Panomax Power Conditioner. The only thing I'm missing, obviously, are my speakers. I want to purchase a 5.1 setup right now, eventually going to 7.1. I have narrowed down two systems, the Klipsch RF-42 system with the Synergy Sub 12 HG subwoofer or the BIC Acoustech PL-89 Theater system with the PL-200 Subwoofer. I know with Klipsch you get the name brand and obviously good quality, but I keep reading good reviews about the BIC setup and the numbers are slightly better in wattage, sensitivity level, and frequency response. I would go and listen to these speakers but the closest shop that has a setup somewhere near these is about 500 miles away. Can someone please help me or point me in the right direction?


Answer
You are better off with Klipsch speakers, they have been producing speaker for many years. The first time I saw a Klipsch speaker was in the early 60"s, big box and tall with large horn. I personally use Klipsch speakers for my bedroom, the Quintet 5, and no complain or problems at all. As for the BIC Acoustech, I have never seen or read any material on them. Hope this will help you out.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Connecting speaker systems to my ps3 and tv?
Rating: 98% based on 989 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment