Friday, January 17, 2014

How do I find the main base of a home stereo system?

best speaker system for kitchen
 on Amazon.com: iHome iHM3 Portable Speaker System for iPod and MP3 ...
best speaker system for kitchen image



Heythere


I have a house that was built in the 70s, and it has a home intercom system/stereo system. One speaker upstairs one down. How do I find the base and/or radio that it works with?


Answer
Look around the house. It should be built into a wall, like in the kitchen or family room. I've seen houses like that before.

What sound system to go with these speakers?




Chris Mcco


I have just purchased and installed 4 x 100w 8ohm recessed ceiling speakers to a domestic kitchen. However I am unsure what system to wire them in to. Can anyone recommend a good system on the market? I would like something with a wireless connection so that I can play music from my iPad/phone without the need of aux cables, but this is cost dependant.

Any help is greatly appreciated, apologies for my vagueness!



Answer
Wireless i-pad is not really compatable with the speaker system you have; afordable wireless usually uses low power amplifiers driving very efficent speakers over wifi, because of cost; to drive those speakers to acceptable levels is going to require some amplifier power behind them; what you could do is wire the speakers to a regular receiver or amplifier then use a product like the Grace Digital GDI-IRA 500 or an Apple Air Port express... to achieve wireless, but you still have compatibility issues with the ipad ...another route would be to use something like the Soundcast SCS 100 which is good for 2 speakers , you may need an additional modual for 4 speakers though and a receiver that is air play compatable or you could get a modern receiver that is air play compatable..and hard wire the speakers to an airplay receiver....or just a regular stereo receiver and an air port express modual....all hard wired together but the connection to your I-pad or I phone would be wireless....




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How do I find the main base of a home stereo system?
Rating: 98% based on 989 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment