Friday, January 17, 2014

Can I get just a subwoofer installed in my 2-door jeep wrangler?

speaker system jeep wrangler
 on Jeep 1955 2012 Wrangler CJ YJ TJ JK Speaker Pods Sound Wedges with ...
speaker system jeep wrangler image



Shelby W


I have a 2008 2-door jeep wrangler with just the standard radio and speakers. I want a sub installed, but I'm not sure if I'd have to get a whole new system or not. If you know anything please let me know.


Answer
yes you can get just the sub however you will need an amp to power the sub woofer or it will not work very well.

How much is this gonna cost me for my Jeep Wrangler?




Exodus


I have a 1999 Jeep Wrangler and I really want to put a better sound system in it. So I want a new stereo and two subs in my trunk. Am I gonna need anything else to go along with it? Plus, how much is this all gonna cost me? I really need to know, thanks. JEEP PRIDE!


Answer
You will need about $50 in extra parts to get started (faceplate adapter, wiring harness adapter, antenna adapter, wire crimps).
As far as the rest goes, it's all about how much the equipment is going to cost you.
I got a $100 radio, $60 speakers so my total was well under $300 without adding subs.
Adding subs you will need an amp(s) - $100 - $300. Sub box ($30 - $100 per box) and you will want to get a face that is designed to control your subs ($60 - $700)....so you can see how wide your price range will be.

Do the install yourself. Install is VERY easy on Jeeps since you can just rip the carpet out and run the wires. Also doing the face plate install is simple and there are tons of people who have posted directions on the internets. If you pay to have the install done you can tack on an extra $150




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Can I get just a subwoofer installed in my 2-door jeep wrangler?
Rating: 98% based on 989 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment