Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Can I combine my two speaker sets for 4.1 sound?

best speaker system apartment
 on Best Intercom Systems The Most Affordable Prices - Residential ...
best speaker system apartment image



alittlelos


I have 2.1 speakers, and am currently planning on purchasing new Klipsch 2.0 speakers for my apartment. However, while I am at home, I'd like to use both sets of speakers and take advantage of my 5.1 sound card if possible, and use my combined set at 4.1 sound. Is there anything that can combine the two sets together and have the computer recognize them as a 4.1 speaker system rather than simply two 2 speaker sets?
And don't just tell me I can. I'd like to know how please.
Hmm.. in response to Ginny M, it is true that there doesn't seem to be any movies or games that advertise as having 4.1 sound.. I never thought about that, but I do know that 4.1 speakers are sold.. for some reason..
In response to Robert, I'd like one set to act at the front left and right speakers, and the other to act as the rear left and right speakers, like true 4.1 sound. I already know how to set up all four speakers as 2.1 sound.



Answer
I kinda rigged something up like you about 2 years ago. I had the klipsch pro media 2.1 computer speakers and also a pair of bose acoustimass speakers. I wanted to hook them all up but on the back of my sub, there were only 2 spots to put the wires in since it was a 2.1 system. So then I just put 2 audio cables in each spot. The left speaker slot had both the klipsch and bose wires in it and the right had both klipchs and bose as well. It worked and all 4 speakers came through great. Then I found a setting in my sound card to make 4.1 sound but I didn't really notice any difference with that setting. It just sounded better because i was able to put speakers in all 4 corners of the room instead of 2. I did end up blowing out a bose speaker, but I think that was just because I played my music really loud. Im not sure if it is bad for the speakers/sub to do this, but it worked out fine for me.

Monster Beat box or audioengine 5 speakers?




century81


I want a speaker system for my new apartment that I can play an ipod out of. The beatbox is an actual ipod speaker dock. The audioengine 5 speakers can be connected to your ipod or computer. Has anyone owned either? I have read that they both sound amazing, I just wanna hear from someone what their input is.


Answer
I haven't owned either. I can tell you this. The beatbox will not give you the stereo separation of Audioengine 5 speakers, if for no other reason, one box is sufficiently challenged to do produce a dynamic sound stage. If you closed your eyes I doubt you can really go wrong. However, my money would be on the Audioengine 5. I think Audioengine is the better company with the better product.

Best.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Can I combine my two speaker sets for 4.1 sound?
Rating: 98% based on 989 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment