Thursday, May 8, 2014

Which audio system (speakers, amplifier) should I use?




fireboat78


I have a room 15'x30' which is used for small gatherings of 20 people
We need a PA system setup.
Which speaker and amp should we get.? We already have xlr mics and a mixer
Would audio source amp-100 and dual lu43 pb speakers work?
My plan would be to hook up the xlr mic to the mixer which goes to the amp
Budget of $200 us



Answer
It sounds like you have an amp - "audio source 100 amp" - is that an amp? If you do not have an amp just get a Behringer EP2000 (good and cheap - I own three):

http://www.amazon.com/Behringer-EP2000-Professional-Accelerated-Technology/dp/B001W3BM24/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1362848353&sr=8-1&keywords=ep2000

I would not get those dual speakers myself - they are really not designed for PA systems - they are designed for background music.

Good speakers:

http://www.amazon.com/Behringer-1C-BK-Monitor-Speaker-Black/dp/B000Q81RVW/ref=sr_1_1?s=musical-instruments&ie=UTF8&qid=1362848898&sr=1-1&keywords=behringer+1c-bk

Wich amplifier should I get for my speaker system?







I have a honda civic sedan ex. In the fron i have two pioneer 6 1//2 280watts and in the back i have two 6x9 pioneer 460watts 5 ways. I also have a 12'' pioneer subwoofer of 1200watts that i want to connect to my speaker system but I am getting the amplifier first.
So, which amplifier should I get that gives me better sound for the speakers and that can support my subwoofer?
I have a honda civic sedan ex. In the fron i have two pioneer 6 1//2 280watts and in the back i have two 6x9 pioneer 460watts 5 ways. I also have a 12'' pioneer subwoofer of 1200watts that i want to connect to my speaker system but I am getting the amplifier first.
So, which amplifier should I get that gives me better sound for the speakers and that can support my subwoofer?
If I get one monoblock amp for subwoofer of how many watts and what specifications? I have a pioneer 1200watts sub.
And wich amp for my two 6x9 460watts? Two channel and how many watts and specifications? like ohms that i dont know what is
If I get one monoblock amp for subwoofer of how many watts and what specifications? I have a pioneer 1200watts sub.
And wich amp for my two 6x9 460watts? Two channel and how many watts and specifications? like ohms that i dont know what is



Answer
get separate amps for components speakers and subwoofers .your speaker has a recommended watts, of 600 rms. now the problem with that is, its a walmart brand speaker like sony xplodes these speakers are way over rated. if you get a solid amp like a alpine or a JL. they will put out true wattage. your speaker can truly only handle 400rms watts from a high end brand like that, if you get pioneer amp or a sony amp from walmart that says 600 watts rms thats the equivealent to alpins 400watts rms. so with that information you should get a nice high quality one channel class d amp. with about 4oo watts rms 800 peak.

this amp would be perfect for your sub.

http://www.woofersetc.com/p288/04SX6501--Kicker-1-Ch-650-Watt-Amplifier.htm




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Which audio system (speakers, amplifier) should I use?
Rating: 98% based on 989 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment