Sunday, April 13, 2014

What is the best mid-range budget 5.1 speaker system?




Scott


I've looked at several options: Focal, Bose, Energy, Polk. So far, I like the Focal Bird and Little bird speakers. I've got 14 ga. speaker wire in the walls of fairly large room with an HK A/V receiver. Any recommendations?


Answer
I would drop Bose from your list though (overpriced and mediocre at best).

Based on your suggestion of Focal speakers you appear to want some miniature speakers. That said, neither the bird nor little bird are surround speakers so I'm a little confused re your question specifying 5.1. You could cobble together a surround system but you would need an A/V receiver or surround amp to power them. See the 1st link for a review of the Focals. The other 2 links are to recommended surround systems ... some of which may meet your needs.

Personally I prefer speakers with a bit more size, and that opens up many possibilities. If you want small surround speakers Energy Take Classic is a reasonable choice, or consider Orb. If you want something bigger consider Klipsch, Distinctive Audio, Tannoy, B&W, Totem, ...

What is the best budget 5.1 speaker system?




Scott


I'm considering Focal and Bose. Either Focal Sib and Cub3 or Little Bird or Bird. Also looking at Bose Acoustimass 10. I've got 14 ga. speaker wire in the walls of fairly large room with an HK A/V receiver. Any recommendations?


Answer
Bose is hardly budget and is more of a "lifestyle" company rather than a speaker company.

And Focal ... is not a brand I have ever read any review of. (Bose is never reviewed as well).

Why are you limiting yourself to these odd brands.

Look at the Energy Take 5 system.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What is the best mid-range budget 5.1 speaker system?
Rating: 98% based on 989 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment