Sunday, April 13, 2014

Dumb Question 2.1 home theatre speaker system?




Gary D


Do you need a receiver to make a 2.1 speaker system work on my new tv?


Answer
yes. the tv can't power external speakers.

Home theatre system?




talk2me


I need to buy a home theatre system for myself. I have a DVD player and connect it to my Sony Wega TV for sound output. I need the home theatre to enhance the sound. I checked the Bose 3-2-1 Series II and its pretty expensive. My budget is around 500-600 USD. Can u please help?


Answer
Man, listen to me. Home theater in a box isn't that great of a deal. The main units are usually not good DVD players OR recievers and amplifiers. They typically don't have the proper connections that a person with state-of-the-art HD components needs. Bose sound nice, but a lot of what you pay for is the looks and mostly the brand name.

If you have the room, I would look at component systems. You already have a DVD player, so you don't need a HTiB that has one built in. Go to Best Buy, look at spending about $200 on a reciever. This should have surround sound capabilities and the digital audio attachments on the back. Then, go over to their speaker section. I bought a sony set for $300 that included five speakers and a powered subwoofer. The speakers themselves are not much bigger than a bose speaker. You can buy the speakers individually, or just buy two pairs of speakers and a center speaker. I would not skip out on a subwoofer unless you live in an apartment and have pissy neighbors.

The benefit of a component system is that if one component goes down, all you have to do is replace that component, not the whole system, as you sometimes have to do with a HTiB system.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Dumb Question 2.1 home theatre speaker system?
Rating: 98% based on 989 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment