Thursday, April 17, 2014

PIONEER S-ST606 Speaker Pack + S-W90-S Active Subwoofer?




porrence


I've just bought the entitled set from Pixmania.co.uk. Here's the link:

http://www.pixmania.co.uk/uk/uk/533781/art/pioneer/s-st606-speaker-pack-s-w9.html

They seem like a good deal to me, but can I find them anywhere else on the internet - for a review - or for anything - can I eck! Do they actually exist?! Does anyone have them?! What are they like?

They're described as 5.1 - que? There are only 4 speakers?

Please help a newbie and tell me something about them.

Thanks in advance...



Answer
I was unable to find a review as well. It is not a 5.1 system based on the specifications. When I hear in a features section " just like a theater" then I am lead to believe that it is a pseudo surround system. If you are expecting a discrete sound, then you will be sorely disappointed. As far as I can tell it could be compared to a Bose 321. Just with a center speaker. The sound you will get is little better than the stereo speakers in your TV set.

I also have issue with anyone who buys audio without listening to it first.

I say return it and get a real 5.1 system. I would return it on the pretense of false advertising it is a 3.1 not a 5.1 system.

home theater system for under 400?




dirk dagge


I am moving into a new house and would like to purchase a decent audio setup to complement my 47 inch HDTV.

I love gaming and movies but also watch sports. I also like to listen to music and am a wannabe audiophile. I own a pair of decent headphones (denon 1100's and AD700's).

Basically my thinking is this:

I was going to purchase an Onkyo Receiver (TX-SR308 5.1 channel) for $200, a pair of nice speakers and a subwoofer for 2.1 audio.

here is my question:

is it worth investing in the receiver if I am only going to go with 2 speakers and a sub instead of surround sound?

is it worth adding surround sound?

is it worth adding a 3rd speaker for 3.1 to have a center channel?

should i just buy an all inclusive home theater system?

help!!!!



Answer
1. is it worth investing in the receiver if I am only going to go with 2 speakers and a sub instead of surround sound?
Yes. You can add a center channel later as most dialog in TV and films comes through the center channel. You can also add a set of small speakers for the rear. The rear speakers are for ambiance and sound effects in TV and films. Two channel stereo is preferred by audiophiles for music.

2. is it worth adding surround sound? See above. It's your choice. With TV and films dialog will be more clear. You might get a kick out of the effect of the rear channels too.

3. is it worth adding a 3rd speaker for 3.1 to have a center channel? Again, see above.

4. should i just buy an all inclusive home theater system? No. Quality is severely lacking in these systems. Any self-respecting audiophile would never admit to owning one.

Additionally, you shouldn't scrimp with your speaker selection. Do some research on quality speakers. This should include reading the forums such as:
audioasylum.com
forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl
forums.audioholics.com
Do not get you information from company sites that provide glowing reviews such as Bose.
The Onkyo receiver is an acceptable choice. You are on you way to becoming a true audiophile.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: PIONEER S-ST606 Speaker Pack + S-W90-S Active Subwoofer?
Rating: 98% based on 989 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment