Saturday, March 15, 2014

Computer with Stereo Speakers?




Jake S


Since my speakers broke that go to my computer, i plugged in some stereo speakers. They plug into the headset plugin. The problem is, they are not very loud. When my computer is at max volume, the speakers are still really quite.Is there a way to fix this to make them louder, or should i just go buy a new pair of computer speakers.


Answer
Computer speakers have an amplifier in them. They're called self amplifying speakers. They are not special. I have a small stereo plugged into my computer, with speakers plugged into it. I also have headphones plugged into this stereo, so i can mute the speakers and work late at night without waking up the whole house. Most boom boxes have an auxiliary input. But i prefer my speakers to be farther apart than that.

When i lived in a small apartment, i had exactly one stereo, and it played sound from my twin cassette decks, CD player, AM/FM radio, turntable, DVD player, VCR, TV, electronic piano like keyboards (3), the digital reverb, two high quality microphones, answering machine, and any of three computers. I could plug in an iPod at will as well. This was accomplished by the use of several audio switch boxes and a seven channel mixer. All sound could be recorded through the reverb and by either one of two computers or either of the cassette decks in high quality. All this junk is spread all over the house now, which has seriously reduced capabilities. But we use all five keyboards for teaching now (the acoustic piano and church organ were never part of the sound system).

Apartment Thermostat?




newyorkfun


Guys and Gals,

My apartment complex folks have the thermostat set to 72. I cant change it. i can only turn it on or off. However, room temperature is 65 F. it is never 72. The heaters feel cold too.

Anyway, to rig it?



Answer
]take a small screw driver and take the cover of the t/stat off the wall plate,once there look for R and W.take a piece of small speaker wire and jumper them two together.there is going to be voltage there so be very careful when doing it,most of the time it is 24 volts ,but in some case you have line.depending what kind of heating system they have.but i would ask the landlord to fix that problem first.and if he didn't,i call a hvac tech get the problem out of my pocket,then take it out of the rent with an receipt.good luck landlords are a pain in my ___ .




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Computer with Stereo Speakers?
Rating: 98% based on 989 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment