Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Speakers! Optical input needed help?




Chepo G


so, i just connected my ps3 to my brand new computer monitor with my hdmi cable, but no sound is coming through the speakers of my monitor. i was thinking about getting a optical audio connection but i want a new speaker system also. i need something that will keep up with me, i am constantly listening to music, playing video games, and watching movies on my old set of altec lansing speakers but they got busted :( so i need something good and durable and i want quality, but i do have a 200 dollar budget, any recommendations? please? :)


Answer
If you absolutely positively want to connect via optical AND want to stick to $200 MAX, Logitech can suffice for the purpose.

An old desktop-type of setup I had for casual video game and music usage was the Logitech Z-5500 setup: http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/speakers_audio/home_pc_speakers/devices/224&cl=us,en

It says MSRP is $399.99, but I pulled off a deal on eBay for under $200 [brand new, unused]. If you're an eBay geek, take a shot @ an auction or two. Might be a bit beefy though, as it's a 5.1 setup and the subwoofer is a 10" cone, which makes the entire subwoofer box roughly over 14" - 16" big and roughly 22" long.

Of course, you'll see other products too that'll fit your budget from Logitech.



If you don't mind any other way of connection and don't mind at all if it's 5.1 or 2.1, then I HIGHLY suggest Swan HiVi. Read reviews, practically flawless home products.

Here's a great setup that will do the job just fine [connected via White/Red RCA]: http://www.swanspeaker.com/product/htm/view.asp?id=373

My only gripe is that it's a desktop subwoofer. I personally feel that no subwoofer should be on top of anyone's desk [especially if you like blasting music].



If you're willing to raise your budget a little, I all the more suggest going "bigger/better." There's quite a few setups that'll blow these suggestions out the water.

Hope this helps.

Which 5.1 Surround Sound System Has Optical Input?




Ok


Hello everyone, i was wondering which 5.1 surround sound speakers has an optical input. I am buying a Playstation 3 for $700 so i want a surround sound system for it. I found one, Logitech Z-5500 but that is $700 itself and i don't want to be spending for speakers the amount of the actual Playstaion 3 because i would rather buy another Playstation 3.

Thank you
Ok



Answer
I am confused by your question. What PS3 is for sale that costs $700 I would look into that before you buy. The ones I have seen with the 120g are for $500 and 80g are about $400. Second is to get the surround sound you will have to buy a reciever and have the optical cable go from the ps3 to the reciever, then from the reciever you uses speaker wire to hook up the speakers. Did you know newegg.com sells those speakers for $300. You gotta learn to shop around (that is if you are talking US dollars).

I would suggest getting a home theater in a box, it will have everything you need to hook up a playstation 3 and get pretty good sound. Check out best buy's website you can spend from $200 all the way up.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Speakers! Optical input needed help?
Rating: 98% based on 989 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment