Monday, November 18, 2013

What are good a/v receivers for home theater system?? ?

speaker system bass reflex
 on Accesories Box Speaker - Kotak Speaker - Box Aktif Monitor Branded ...
speaker system bass reflex image



cdingen9


I have a polk audio powered subwoofer and 2 aiva bass reflex bookshelf speakers. I may buy more speakers in the future. But anyway. Im preferably need a reliable and good receiver under $250. If possible 75 or more watts per channel. I ATLEAST need a 5.1 channel. Please help. Give me any products u have experienced and love tht this criteria. Or just any good company brands. Please anything relevant to the topic on hand.


Answer
I cannot say I know these receivers to be better as a brand compared to Yamaha, they maybe. Within your price range is the Samsung HW-C700, Onkyo TXSR308 5.1 Channel receivers ranging from $218 to $278. I would suggest you look into the Onkyo package. Words are inadequate in expressing the perfection Onkyo provides at an affordable price. Include in your consideration Teac Receivers they have an affordable high value line of gear. Sherwood is an option, but I have not experienced Sherwood, but the price is right. Here is the link for your review.

http://www.gazaro.com/deals/receivers

Best.

How do I know what kind of speakers I have in my home theater?




Jim I


About ten years ago I bought a home theater system from a buddy of mine strapped for cash. I bought a receiver, tape deck, five-disc player with two large speakers.

Large = 20.5"x16"x36". They are carpeted, and have a large hole on the bottom to put a pole up into. There are carrying handles on either side, and the speakers must weigh 70-80 lbs.

The fronts are identical. Vertically, there are two circles with nipples in them (sorry, have no idea how else to describe), then a horizontal opening, then a large round "speaker" at the bottom.

There's no markings on them on the outside, and I don't want to tear into them too deep without knowing what I have.

The reason I want to know what to look for is because I want to sell the set-up, and need to know what I have.

Any help, websites, or suggestions are appreciated!

Thanks!



Answer
These speakers sound like Disco Speakers. The nipples you describe are probably the phase plugs of a pair of horn tweeters. The horizontal opening is probably a base reflex port to control the bass of the bass speaker. The hole in the bottom is for the pole of a speaker stand. The carrying handles are for transporting from place to place. As there are no markings it is likely these are hand assembled or kit speakers and as they are ten years old they are probably of very little second hand value although by their weight they may be of reasonable quality (the speakers not the cabinets). As they are carpeted (usually seen on car sub-woofers) makes me believe they are not commercial builds but home assembled units and may not perform as bass reflex disco speakers if they are not built to correct specifications.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What are good a/v receivers for home theater system?? ?
Rating: 98% based on 989 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment