Tuesday, November 12, 2013

If splicing a musical card speaker to a set of headphones,an plugging into an ipod,will it short out the ipod?

best ipod speaker system 2012
 on 11 nov 2011 best ipod and iphone speaker dock 24 tested speaker docks ...
best ipod speaker system 2012 image



squigalie


Ok so i wanted a paper thin speaker to hook my ipod to. So i found a hallmark singing card speaker and looked at it and realized that there are only 2 wires connected to the speaker unit. So i began thinking about splicing them to a set of headphones so i could hook it to my ipod, but i was wondering if doing so would fry/blow out my ipod, for some reason regarding the type of speaker system in the card vs. the speaker system in the ear buds?
any input appreciated.
thanks.



Answer
The card speaker is probably a piezoelectric type speaker and it takes a current through it at the audio rate to reproduce sound. There should be any damage to the iPod headphone circuit, but whether there is enough output to drive the speaker can only be tested by connecting it up unless you have a Digital Volt-Ohm Meter to check it.

Piezo Speaker: http://www.sciplus.com/singleItem.cfm/terms/2012/cartLogFrom/froogle
Everything You Need To Know About Piezoelectric Speakers: http://www.articlesbase.com/music-articles/everything-you-need-to-know-about-piezoelectric-speakers-459085.html
Piezoelectric Circuits: http://www.discovercircuits.com/P/piezo.htm

Ron

[More] SM Global Auditions 2012 Questions?




.


I asked some questions about this a few weeks ago, but I left out a few that I just thought of now.

First, a little background info of myself. xD
- 17 [well, in Korea anyways, because of the age system there]
- Not Asian [I don't have a huge shot, but I'm auditioning anyways. xD]
- I don't think I'm super gorgeous, but I don't feel like I'm that ugly either
- Pretty Skinny and lightweight for my age
- Kind of short [5"1 at least]
- I know Jazz, Ballet and Tap Dance [took classes when I was younger]
- I'm kind of flexible [not as flexible anymore, but yeah, lol]

Questions:
1. For the application... I heard that you have to send in an email to them saying which audition you're going to, otherwise they won't let you in or something. How would you send it? Like, is there a form to fill out on the site?

2. In the application (that I was talking about in #1), what kind of pictures can you send? Will camera picture attachments be ok? [Just making sure; don't wanna make a mistake].

3. When would it be too late to send the application? [I still have to talk to my mom about this, and idk if she'll let me audition].

4. What do you have to bring to the audition? [Besides the CD they ask you to bring for the Dancing part - well, I heard that you're supposed to anyways].

5. How does the Audition process go? [I think I have an idea, but I wanna make sure I'm right. xD]

6. Is it ok to wear makeup? [When I wear eyeliner, my eyes are Doll-like, kind of like ulzzangs].

I think that's it for now. xD Thank you. ^^
7. Also [sorry, forgot to add], what time should you be there? Does it matter? [I don't wanna show up too early/late].



Answer
1. For the application... I heard that you have to send in an email to them saying which audition you're going to, otherwise they won't let you in or something. How would you send it? Like, is there a form to fill out on the site?
-on the website it tells you what you should put right, so when your listing everything in your email just put singing or dancing or whatever your main talent is-but they are probably going to make you do more if they like you!

2. In the application (that I was talking about in #1), what kind of pictures can you send? Will camera picture attachments be ok? [Just making sure; don't wanna make a mistake].
-yes, a digital camera attachment is fine

3. When would it be too late to send the application? [I still have to talk to my mom about this, and idk if she'll let me audition].
-the time limit is the day before the audition, so you have plenty of time-and tell her that its your passion and dream and that nothing and is going to happen if you audition

4. What do you have to bring to the audition? [Besides the CD they ask you to bring for the Dancing part - well, I heard that you're supposed to anyways].
-well your actually supposed to dance freestyle even if its your main thing so i dont think you have to bring a cd-they will choose the song randomly- but bring water, phone, an ipod or somthing to keep you busy, maybe a snak (NO BREAD!!!) light makeup-just for any touch ups of like concealer that came off-remember not to wear to much makeup:) and whatever makes you less nervous

5. How does the Audition process go? [I think I have an idea, but I wanna make sure I'm right. xD]
-on the day you go to the building, you go to a table and get you number-im not sure if there are more papers you have to sign-then you wait and wait. people/speakers will be going off announcing numbers. you will eventually get moved into a room where they are playing SME music videos. they call your number. you and a group of nine othersd will go to a romm and you sit along a wall. the wall next to that there are people standing (with a backdrop that says SM global auditions) and across from them there is a judge maybe a translator and a camera. one at a time they step forward and perform. whne everyone is done the judge will play a random song and you have the choice to dance or just clapp-but you better dance!!!! and then when their done your group stands up and its your turn. about 1-2 weeks later you will get notified by them if you made it!

6. Is it ok to wear makeup? [When I wear eyeliner, my eyes are Doll-like, kind of like ulzzangs].
-just dont wear a lot, stick to the simple products-eyeliner, mascara, concealer-but preferably dont wear any at ALL

7. Also [sorry, forgot to add], what time should you be there? Does it matter? [I don't wanna show up too early/late].
-they will give you the time in an email once they get your application email!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: If splicing a musical card speaker to a set of headphones,an plugging into an ipod,will it short out the ipod?
Rating: 98% based on 989 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment