Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Does Walmart have any decent home speaker systems?

best speaker system tv
 on Surround Sound Speaker Set Up � THX.com
best speaker system tv image



James


Looking to get a speaker system for my TV.... Should I even bother with Walmart or will I regret it?

What's involved in installing?



Answer
No, seriously, they don't. I've looked at it and it's all bottom basement stuff. What's involved with setting it up? Well for starters you can't just plug speakers into your TV. A receiver or amplifier of some kind is needed. My best recommendation is to pick out a receiver and a set of speakers. As you considered Walmart I take it that you don't want to spend a lot. But, even the cheapest receiver and stand alone speakers from an electronics retailer will outperform anything from Walmart.

How can I hook up more than one device for quick switching on a single speaker system?







I would like to connect my TV and computer to the same speaker system, and switch between them at will. Can I do this somewhat cheaply? I don't need 5.1 sound, an inexpensive 2.1 system would be fine, I just want to make sure I can switch between 2 inputs.


Answer
A simple RCA A/V switch will work fine - you may need some adapters depending on what inputs and speakers you are using:

http://www.amazon.com/RCA-DT902AV-2-Way-V-Switcher/dp/B0014KOAD8/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1314367962&sr=1-1

Just use the red/white audio jacks - leave the yellow video unconnected.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Does Walmart have any decent home speaker systems?
Rating: 98% based on 989 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment