Sunday, May 11, 2014

Which Sony Speaker System?




Joey


Hello Yahoo Answers community! I'm an aspiring 16 year old DJ in Charlotte, North Carolina and I'm looking for a speaker that will really bring the house down while DJing a party! My venues usually aren't huge but I'd still like a fairly loud speaker that can easily fill a room without overpowering the system. I've narrowed my brand name down to Sony because they certainly are reliable (i'm a proud owner of a PS3 haha!). And I've narrowed the Sony speakers down to the 720 watt Muteki LBT-ZX99i and the 1,000 watt LBT-ZUX9. I'm wondering which one is more 'bang for your buck'. I also realize there is a few hundred watt differential, but does anyone think that will make a difference? I'm also wondering if anyone has any personal experience with either of these systems. Any advice/comments helps! Thanks in advance!


Answer
Sony does not make professional DJ speakers. The speakers you are looking at are home stereo speakers.

Try a set of QSC K-12's they are reasonable priced beginner speakers.

http://www.zzounds.com/item--QSCK12

home speakers for dj system....help?




mr_pawr


right i have a cdj setup and mixer here but have no way of playing it.
can someone please tell me what kind of home speakers we need and provide me with a link to a page where we can purchase them.



Answer
There are a few ways of going about this.

You can just pick up a standard stereo amplifier and speakers - and plug into it. Check out pawn shops for some deals - but if you don't know what you are looking at, see if you can find someone to come with you.

This is good for a small studio, or for house parties - but if you are going to be taking it out anywhere, you will probably want to invest in a decent PA.

The best bet for this is some JBL 'Eon' or Mackie powered speaker cabinets:

http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com/product/JBL-Eon-1500-Passive-Speaker?sku=600226&src=3WWRWXYB&ZYXSEM=0

http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com/product?sku=605255V

With a couple of those - and a mixer, you can pull off professional sound at smaller venues, and even outside. We used to rent them from a local music store whenever we would play a show at a place that didn't have a P.A. - and they worked fantastically.

If you aren't sure how serious you are, I would stick with the stereo system at your house, and see if anyplace local rents P/A gear.

Keep in mind though - if you do invest the money in a P/A - you can charge other bands/performers for using it.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Which Sony Speaker System?
Rating: 98% based on 989 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment