Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Queries Before Buying Home Theatre System?




royal


I would love to buy a Home Theatre System..Pls give me some inputs on what to check before buying ..These are my queries...

1.What are the basic things to note before buying like about the Amplifier,Subwoofer,channels,Dolby,Surrond System etc

2.Does the Home Theatre System come without a DVD Player.Can I use the normal DVD Player which i have with me for the Home Theatre System.Is it possible?

3.Can we use the Home Theatre system as a music System also...or should I buy a Stereo System if I need to hear high quality music

4.If I buy a Sony/Panasonic/Samsung/JVC Home Theatre System from US will it work in India?



Answer
If you spend some time around here you'll notice many people are usually asking these sorts of questions AFTER they make their purchase. A wise man asks before.

When buying a home theater system you have many questions to ask yourself. I'll try to cover the major concerns.

1.) How many channels? There are many options here. You can go with a 2.1, 3.1, 5.1, 6.1 or 7.1 surround sound system. The ".1" means you have a subwoofer while the other digit indicated the number of satellite speakers. 2 and 3 channel surround is just simulated surround, not much better than a TV by itself, so I can't really recommend that route. In my opinion 6 and 7 channels are just too many. They would work great in a big room, but most TV rooms aren't that big. You can always expand on a 5.1, so that's the setup I recommend, especially for a beginner.

2.) HTIB or DIY? You have two options here. You can assemble all components yourself or you can buy everything bundled in a home theater in a box (HTIB). Generally speaking, HTIBs are inferior. This is because they usually lack in a wide variety of connection ports. Also, as you may have noticed, many are based on a DVD player. If you must buy an HTIB, make sure you buy one that is receiver-based so you have the flexibility to expand. (For good receiver-based systems, see Onkyo's HT-S series.)

3.) Connectivity? HDMI is the best cable out there right now, so you'll want to make sure you have a system that can handle HDMI. Also, make sure it's an HDMI switcher/repeater, not pass through. ("Pass through" means no processing is taking place.) In addition to at least two HDMI-in and one HDMI-out ports, you'll want at least one optical and digitial coax in, some composite connections, a few component video in connections, etc.

4.) Audio formats? Every decent product should have Dolby Digital 5.1 and DTS decoding capabilities. With the advent of Blu-ray a couple of new formats have emerged--Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio. These are uncompressed audio soundtracks that, given a decent set of speakers, will sound superior to the older formats, which are "lossy".

5,) Blu-ray? If you are planning on buying a Blu-ray player in the future you should "future proof" yourself by buying HD-ready home theater equipment today.

I have put together a budget HD product list for those just getting started: http://www.amazon.com/The-Best-Hi-Def-Home-Theater-on-a-Budget/lm/R1M8CM8FMVSKF5/ref=cm_lm_byauthor_title_full

If you feel too overwhelmed you can go with the Onkyo HTIB I mentioned earlier. The 6100 and above is HD.: http://www.us.onkyo.com/prod_class.cfm?class=Systems

Let me know if you have any questions. Good luck.

Which is the best AV receiver + speaker setup?




Malik.M.Na


Which is the best AV receiver + speaker setup -onkyo, yamaha, pioneer, harman kardon (JBL) or some other companies ? For a 3D bluray player which I am going to buy soon,I want a sound system which gives the best output in terms of quality and clarity.Pls advise. Should I go in for 7.1 channels ? Do I need hdmi 1.4 in the A/V receiver or hdmi 1.3 is sufficient ? Pls advise
Which is the best AV receiver + speaker setup -onkyo, yamaha, pioneer, harman kardon (JBL) or some other companies ? For a 3D bluray player which I am going to buy soon,I want a sound system which gives the best output in terms of quality and clarity.Pls advise. Should I go in for 7.1 channels ? Do I need hdmi 1.4 in the A/V receiver or hdmi 1.3 is sufficient ? Pls advise. Also advise as to which brand is value for money-in the sense it offers good sound systems at economical prices.
I live in india
I think bose speakers are expensive



Answer
NAD makes excellent receivers but of the brands you listed I would go with an Onkyo usually the most technology for your buck...for speakers Look at Polk Audio; Energy; Aperion Jamo I don't care that much for Klipsch I find them too bright and forward but that is just personal preference; Polk Audio also has a somewhat etched sound as if your listening to speakers and not music...the Aperion 4T Intimus Hybrid 5.1 are fantastic also the Jamo S406 HCS 5.1 are a real bargain for quality speakers...Oh.... in India I would defiantly look at Dali speakers they are suppose to be fantastic..Aperion is going to be too expensive made in USA....and an imported item...




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Queries Before Buying Home Theatre System?
Rating: 98% based on 989 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment