Wednesday, April 23, 2014

What is the best three piece speaker system for a computer?




shadouse


I am going to build a new computer, this one is not VISTA compatible. I decided to get some good speakers. Trouble is most places have very few you can listen to before you buy.


Answer
I've read good reviews for these speakers:

M-Audio Studiophile LX4 2.1 System
http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/LX421System-main.html

And for less money you can check these out:
Logitech® Z-2300
http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/CA/EN,CRID=2173,CONTENTID=9372#Features

I have the Z-5300's and they are great hence that is why I'm also recommending the Z-2300 they should be good also.

Computer Speakers vs. Home Theater System?




Duong H


I plan to buy some new speakers to hook them up with my laptop and my LCD TV. I watch movies and listen to music at home a lot, so sound quality is pretty much the key factor here. That of the home theater systems is great, but I don't want to pay for the DVD or Blu ray player that comes along with the system. Should I still invest in a home theater system, or should I save up to buy some really good computer speakers? Please give me some suggestions! Thanks!

Btw, my budget is around or below $350.



Answer
I wouldn't get a HTIB (home-theater-in-a-box) system if you want good sound quality. Just get a decent home theater receiver and a matched set of speakers.

For a receiver, I'd go with something from Yamaha, Denon, or Onkyo. They all have decent receivers in the $350-550 range. I'll put a couple of examples in Source(s) below. My choice would be the Yamaha RX-A700.

For speakers, the best I've heard and read about would be a system from Definitive Technology (also known as DefTech), their ProCinema 800 or 1000 system. They're not cheap (the ProCinema 800 system runs about $1,200), but they sound like they cost a lot more than that. Great reviews all over the web, too.

If your notebook PC has a Blu-ray reader built in, just use that as your HD movie source, or get a separate player. Or get a Sony Playstation 3 and use the built-in Blu-ray player in it.

Hope that helped!

UPDATE: Okay, just saw your budget. In that case, your best bet is something along the lines of this system, which includes a lower-end receiver and acceptable speakers:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16882120182

It's not going to knock your socks off, but for the price it'll likely sound fine, much better than a computer speaker system.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What is the best three piece speaker system for a computer?
Rating: 98% based on 989 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment