Monday, April 21, 2014

What is the best speaker system for the iPod nano?




Izzpuppy


I'd like one that charges my nano, but also has awesome sound.
I don't want like surround sound for iPod that takes a lot of time to assemble. Just a plain speaker that plays my music and has a remote will do.
I don't want one that doubles as a CD player/alarm clock/etc...I just want one that docks my nano, plays it, charges it, has a remote, and has awesome sound.

My sister just got a Bose SoundDock Tuesday and it is cool. I've listened to it a couple of times, but the remote won't allow you to go back to menu so I guess that is a factor too, ability to go back to menu from the remote. I heard the Apple Hi-Fi is good too, but to me the Bose looks a lot better. I may be missing the best one out there just because it isn't a big named one (Bose, Apple, etc.). I'm ready to pay the big price if I get sound and everything I listed for it. I want it worth my while.
I've done a little research with other people who have asked the same question, but still haven't come to a decision.



Answer
According to Dan Frakes of Playlist:

"Weâve tested the nano with a good number of iPod speaker systems, and in our testing, speakers that get their audio from the dock connectorâsuch as Boseâs SoundDock, Logitechâs mm50, JBLâs On Stage, Altec Lansingâs inMotion models, Klipschâs iFi, and even iHome Audioâs iH5 clock radioâwork with the iPod nano just as they do with other dockable iPods; audio is passed to the speakers as expected. In addition, on those systems with a wireless remote control, the remote also controls the nanoâs playback, just as it does with mini and full-size iPods.

There are, however, two caveats here: The first is that since the nanoâs dock port is off-center, the nano sits off-center when connected to these speaker systems (or when sitting in any dock-cradle accessory, for that matter). The second is that most of these speaker systems do not currently include a âdock cradle insertâ specifically for the iPod nano, although we expect many vendors to provide such adapters soon. (See âThe mysterious Dock Adapter,â below, for more on dock cradles for the nano.) That being said, because the iPod nano is so lightâit weighs only 1.5 ouncesâthe dock connector itself should be strong enough to hold the player upright, at least until speaker vendors provide an âofficialâ cradle insert.

The iPod nano in Boseâs SoundDock

Of course, any speaker system that connects via a standard headphone jack is also fully compatible with the iPod nano; JBLâs On Tour is an especially nice portable match. (As a side note, if the nanoâs bottom-mounted headphone jack were centered, PodGearâs Shuffle Station would have been a better match for the iPod nano than for the shuffleâthe shuffle currently has to be connected upside-down. Alas, the nanoâs jack is far enough off to the side that the nano doesnât fit between the Shuffle Stationâs speakers.)"

What is the best speaker system for an Ipod?

Q.


Answer
This is the best that I can do if you want speakers that don't sound terrible, but sound great for a good price.. & not so expencive as Bose Speakers...

Check them out...!!

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/wa/RSLID?mco=579D850C&nplm=TF690LL%2FA



http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/wa/RSLID?mco=3D461FCB&nplm=TD018ZM%2FA
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OR

You could buy a Monster cable (about $20), hook your iPod up to your home stereo system & have great music w/o having to buy iPod branded speakers. Check out ilounge.com for lots of great iPod info.

http://www.audioadvisor.com/products.asp?dept=96




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What is the best speaker system for the iPod nano?
Rating: 98% based on 989 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment