Monday, April 21, 2014

I need help with my speakers. want to put an amp on my 6 speaker system in my 1999 tahoe.?




brandon h


I have the stock 6 speaker system with 2 tweeters in my 1999 tahoe. Its 2 one inch tweeters, 4 6.5 door speakers both upgraded to handle 180 max and and in the very back there are 2 4x10 lanzar speakers that can handle 180 max and 90 rms. I was wondering what i should do to wire them up correctly and what amp i should use.. I know how to wire up amps and head units and subs and so on. how ever i have never did this on regular door speakers and so on.. all the speakers are 4 ohm impedance also.. Thanks guys..


Answer
If the speakers can handle 50 watts RMS you could get 2 channel amp per pair of speakers that puts out 50watts per channel and has a pair of through RCA's which basically means u can have multiple amps while only running one set of RCA's. I would suggest a Kicker zx150.2 per pair here's a link
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_6601_Kicker+ZX150.2.html#
You'll also need a 4 gauge amp kit and 2 distribution blocks that have one 4 gauge input and 4 8 gauge outputs each(one for power wires and one for ground wires) each of them will have to be secured down but the power can't be bolted to any metal in the vehicle. Also if your tweeters can handle more power than the other six speakers you might want to consider something like the zx200.2
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_6601_Kicker+ZX150.2.html#

New Speaker System?

Q. im kinda new to mobile audio sound and i need some help. I wanna get this jvc speaker system in my car because i dont wanna make any modifications to it. The kit includes Two 6 1/2" woofers (small i know but thats the size of the replacement)two tweeters and two crossovers. I wanted a good sounding system but at the same time i wont even be hearin it cuz i got a 94 honda prelude with a new cat back and exhaust headers , plus i dont want my shit to start vibrating or rattling. so my question is the system has a 300 watt max power, Will it sound vibrant deep and clear but not excessively loud and Do i need to buy an amp as well?
and what the heck is 2 and 4 channel amps.


Answer
jvc isnt very good. and its not 6.5" woofers, its a component set. the mid and tweeter are apart instead of a 2way or 3way speaker. do u need front and rear or just front speakers? if u run the speakers off an amp they will be much louder. u wont get bad rattles unless u run a big sub




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: I need help with my speakers. want to put an amp on my 6 speaker system in my 1999 tahoe.?
Rating: 98% based on 989 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment