Saturday, July 6, 2013

how can i connect a 5.1 home theater speaker system to my computer and television?

best speaker system for computer
 on Sony home-theater system, featuring a DVD player with built-in ...
best speaker system for computer image



Mike


how can i connect a 5.1 home theater speaker system to my computer and television?


i just got a new LCD tv for christmas which i use as a TV and Monitor, so how can i connect my 5.1 speaker system for use with TV, PC, and Video game use?



Answer
Read the following article and it will help you step by step in setting up your surround sound.

https://www.installingflats.com/Articles.asp?ID=159

How can I connect this logitech speaker system with a 9 pin Mini-Din cord to the back of my computer?




Newsh


Trying to connect this old logitech speaker system to my computer to use with another stereo system?
My mom's Logitech speaker system might only be compatible with her old computer, which was old school...

I already have a decent Insignia stereo system connected to my computer. My mom recently got a new computer and she let me have her old Logitech stereo system with a sub woofer and speakers too, since her new computer came with speakers. The Insignia system I have has subs and speakers too. I want to use both stereo systems at the same time on my computer. I got a 4" stereo audio Y cable at the electronics store, male to female to plug in both speakers, it's like an audio splitter; however, there is a 9 pin cable cord called a mini-din, but it has 9 pins, and it goes from the Logitech speakers, but there is no place in the back of my computer for 9 pins. Are my mom's logitech speakers only compatible with her old computer?

There is a little remote that came with the Logitech speakers, that has a volume knob and power button, and that will not turn on, since you need to put the 9 prong cable in, which my computer doesn't have.

The Logitech still sounded nice for how old it was, pretty decent for how cheap it was too.

I have a power bar plugged into an outlet, so I have the space for the cords for both sub woofers, which plug into an outlet. Just having trouble connecting that one cable from the Logitech, and I don't even know if I can use both the speaker system on the same sound card I got for my New school gateway I got 2 years ago.
Is there something like a Y audio cable for 9 pin Mini-Din's or some type of connector device with usb attachment I can hook the 9 Pin Mini-Din up to, to plug the other end of the attachment to my computer?
It is actually this I got to connect the 2 speaker systems to same computer... 6 inch Audio "Y" Splitter Cable - 3.5mm Female to Left and Right Males



Answer
http://www.l-com.com/item.aspx?id=10864, they make them for keyboards, but I'm not sure it would work with a sound system.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: how can i connect a 5.1 home theater speaker system to my computer and television?
Rating: 98% based on 989 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment