Sunday, September 22, 2013

Could i use two active monitors/speakers for djing?

speaker system rcf
 on professional speaker systems rcf people have music in their blood and ...
speaker system rcf image



Niall W


I use a toshiba laptop with an allen & heath xone 32, connected via gigaport ag... just wondering could i connect to two active speakers (or monitors, whichever is better) without buying an amp..
Also is musicstore.com a good site???



Answer
I have been using active speakers for years for DJ'ing - I love them!

My only caution would be to get some that are up to the job. Don't get active studio monitors if you plan to DJ for an audience. Studio monitors would work great in the home though.

If you don't have too much to spend these are great speakers:

http://www.musicstore.com/en_EN/EUR/Behringer-B-215A-Eurolive-15-/1-25-450-Watt-PA-System/art-PAH0004162-000

If you have a bit more money:

http://www.musicstore.com/en_EN/EUR/PA/Active-Speaker/RCF-4PRO-3001-A-2-Weg-aktiv-15-/1-350-70W/RMS/art-PAH0003903-000

What kind of cables will I need to connect my microphone to my amp?




Omar


Just using this for beatboxing.

I have a Sennheiser E845 microphone (link to it here http://www.sennheiserusa.com/vocal-stage-microphone-record-microphone-evo800_004515 )

and I am about to buy a RCF ART 310a amp (link to it here http://www.rcf.it/products/pro-speaker-systems/art-series/art-310-a )

What kind of cables will I need to connect the two? I'm guessing just an XLR cable but I want to be sure before I buy. Thanks!!



Answer
You guessed correctly. A balanced XLR to XLR is what you need. Planet waves are my favorite these days. Guitar Center's house brand, Live Wires, is good too.

Forget Monster....they're made with 50% hype than the average cable.

Greetings from Austin, TX
Ken




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Could i use two active monitors/speakers for djing?
Rating: 98% based on 989 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment