Monday, March 24, 2014

Which 2.1 PC speaker system is better?




Jedius99


So I'm in the market for a new set of PC speakers; I've pretty much tired of my old JBL 2.1 system. I'm also buying a new LCD TV and I briefly thought of getting a 5.1 system and somehow switching it between my PC and my TV, but I dismissed that idea cause I'll prob want to watch TV and use my PC at the same time.

Anyway so I've decided that for now I will just settle for a new 2.1 system for my PC and the TV audio should be adequate. I was looking at two main systems, the Logitech X-230/240, and I just saw a display in PC Richards yesterday of the Bose Companion 3 Series II system (the Companion 5 was really cool - it emulates 5.1 with only 2 speakers - but the $400 price tag is out of my range). I'm wondering if it's really worth it to splurge $250 for the Bose system, or to stick to a cheaper set that may be pretty darn good itself.

So...do I go for the Bose? Or do I stick to a cheaper model? And if the cheaper one, is the Logitech the best to get? Or are there others?



Answer
With 250, you can buy a 5.1+ speaker set. I don't think it's justifiable to spend 250 on a 2.1 speaker set no matter what. If I were you, I would stick with the Logitech. The best way of course is to go to a local store (Best Buy, Fry's) and listen to them. If you're really into bass, look for the one with more watts. Bose is a good company, but I feel that they are too overrated. If the specs for the speakers are similar, then I'd stick with the Logitechs. You should look for online reviews to compare.

what difference between 2.1 & 5.1 speaker system?




AQEEL AHMA





Answer
Well 2.1 implies 2 small speakers and 1 subwoofer. This is basically a music system in stereo.

5.1 implies 5 speakers and 1 subwoofer. All DVD's, BlueRay and HDTV channels come with 5.1 sound so this system would work for TV watching and Movie watching.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Which 2.1 PC speaker system is better?
Rating: 98% based on 989 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment