Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Sounds lag from computer to TV, and toggling between speakers on computer?

best speaker system for led tv
 on President Barack Obama (D) - Vice President Joe Biden (D) - Speaker ...
best speaker system for led tv image



mwrubin


I am asking two questions in one here. Take a crack at either, or props if you can answer both of them!

So first off, I recently bought a Samsung 55" LED TV. I also got a high speed 20 ft HDMI cable that I run from my desktop computer to the TV so I can stream content and play movies from my hard drive. Except that there is about a half second time lag from the video to the audio. I should also note that my speaker system that is hooked up to the tv is analog, and I have a digital to analog converter going from the tv to the speakers. Normally I would think that this is the problem, but when it is hooked up to my PS3 the sound lines up with the video just fine. As far as my computer is concerned I have a a 2.4 Ghz core duo 2 intel processor with 4 GB RAM, and a GeForce GT 430 graphics card running windows XP professional. I just have the onboard sound that comes with the motherboard.
Any suggestions on how to get rid of this time delay between the audio and video?

For my second question/ problem:
I cannot toggle between two sound systems that are hooked up to my computer and TV. Normally I have my desktop hooked up to computer speakers, and my TV hooked up to other speakers, but since HDMI carries sound as well, whenever I have the HDMI cable plugged in I can only play sound through my TV speakers. I cannot toggle in between the two. If I do want to change, I have to plug or unplug the HDMI cable, and then restart the computer which is a hastle.
I am thinking that getting a nicer sound card for my desktop might be the solution to this, but I am open to other suggestions. Also If anyone has had a sound card that can do this or know of one, please recommend it to me. I am hoping to find one from $80 to $150.

Thanks so much!



Answer
As far as a the lag I can only guess. It might be because you are going through the tv to get to the other speakers. Try just using the tv speakers.

The switching I can help with as I do it all the time.
I use windows 7 so the process may be a little different than mine.
I right click on the little sound button on the bottom right hand side of the desktop and select playback devices. From there you should see the computer speakers and the hdmi output. Just turn off the computer speakers and set the HDMI speaker set to be the default device. when you unplug the HDMI your computer should switch back to it's speakers automatically.
I hope this helps:)

How to connect a F&D home theatre system to Philips LED tv ?




Chill Chic


How can I connect my F&D 5.1 multimedia speakers ( D1061 ) to Philips 42 inch LED tv ?
My LED is connected to a set top box and speakers are inbuilt. I cant find any useful instructions on the manual please help


No complicated language please, explain in the simplest way.

Thank you very much :)



Answer
Do so with the appropriate colored wires...

Good luck!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Sounds lag from computer to TV, and toggling between speakers on computer?
Rating: 98% based on 989 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment